Need help with diff and hubs please long read

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyboyx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Basically i bought a nitro rc hpi rs4

The person who i bought it from says its got a 1 way diff, is there a way to find put if its one way diff?
Because when i spin the bit where the shafts goes from the gearbox, both the bits where the shaft goes to the hub spin forward aswell and vice versa..

Now the seller who i bought it from say its has a one way diff as when he spun one of the front wheel (right one) it was free and loose when spinning forward but when spinning back it had a slight tension.

What i have notice with the hubs off one of the insert on one of the hubs is different and one hub the right one has in and out play and feels completely loose.

Here is one of picture of both the hubs
The good one
342D92DB-4306-43BC-A804-C19667E1999E_zpsy8ac8upx.jpg

The free one that feels loose

AE19B795-8E73-499E-A413-32126CE09B39_zpstqtadapp.jpg

Here are 2 pics showing play

In
0ED4278E-9A3C-40A3-9130-831B57E8601A_zpsyp3nuztm.jpg

And out

27535D9B-F406-460A-8311-0D180765BE49_zpsemtcpces.jpg

Main reason i want to find what the problem is because car is running like a 3 wheel drive when when it should be 4 wheel drive
When accelerating it power to 3 wheels.

The hub that has play feels free when spinning by hand and also it is the one that the wheel has no power

Please help

Normally if you hold the brake fully and you can spin both front wheels forward at the same time it has a OW diff installed.

Looks like you missing something from the C Hub. Inner bearing???

While holding the brake side of the diff i move one wheel forward or back they both move

How do i remove the bearings etc from the hub?

And it does definitely have something missing as they are both different

Last edited:
Back