NEED help were to do i go to make my own site

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
HEY anyone know were to go to make your own site for free please let me know if u know any were u can make your own web-site.
thanks

alot of isp providers provide with free web space with your account ... i know road runner supplies 5mb of space for free .. not a lot of space but you are paying for it with your account ...

the free places usually don't give alot of space or much if any tech support ... i have an account at www.ipowerweb.com i think the package is over 1gb of space and like 40gb transfer and if you pay the whole year up front they give ya free domain name registration ... unlimited email .. i don't work for these people or putting a plug for them but i have had great tech support from them and great service through them over a few years now ... for like 92.50 a year ...

all depends on what you want to do with it ... i used to use the free space from rr ... but i ran out of room too fast so i needed more ...

I use ipowerweb also. They were great with support when I was first starting out. One of the techs had a T-Maxx, so he helped me all the time.

I agree with WsW-WYATT-EARP, normally you will get free hosting from your ISP (assuming you have broadband). The space is limited (5-10mb), but the best part is no limitation on bandwidth.

Anyone try 1and1.com ?

Bighomedog11 - If you're needing a lot of hand holding or you've never designed a webpage your self then www.ipowerweb.com looks to be what your looking for. However if you've got a little experience in web programming then I'd highly recommend www.dixiesys.com or www.alphaomegahosting.com - both companies used to host RCNT at one time and I've had great service from both.

In terms of www.angelfire.com or someplace like geocities - I'd have to disagree with El P on that one. Both companies are more times then not pretty bad about putting some kind of banner or pop-ups on your site which not only make it look tacky but can also mess with your page design.

-Michael

ok thanks for the quick feedback

IS www.ipowerweb.com free or do u have to pay. Because i want to make a site that will show on the google search if they search for it.

Ipowerweb is $95 a year. But they do a good job of marketing your site with all of the search engines. Every month, mine gets submitted to 250 search engines.

can i have ur ancunt RAMTech-RC

can i have ur site and ill change the name of it because i want it to sell stuff on because i am about to start selling glow-sticks and glow products.
Thanks

ROFLMAO...you have got to be kidding.

OK, I'll do it. You can Paypal me $95.00, and let me know what site name you want to change it to.

I don't think he wants your web account!!!
but I do think he wants your dog??? ancunt I think this is the new poplar name for a female dog. i do have to say it does sound better then bitch

RAMTech-RC said:
Ipowerweb is $95 a year. But they do a good job of marketing your site with all of the search engines. Every month, mine gets submitted to 250 search engines.

Hey Rob - you might want to limit how often your site is submitted to search engines. Many Search Engine Optimizers (SEO's) suggest only submitted your site once or when the site really changes, the constant re-submitting can cause some search engines to black list you, more so if your site content doesn't change.

-Michael

Back