Need help tuning my O.S. MAX. 18 CV-R.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daeday02

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help tuning my engine I live in Phoenix, Arizona just so you know the pressure and stuff kinda getting hot now come off and on. Still waiting on carb needle thought I was thinking traxxas factory settings but I dont wanna risk blowing it up

Loved that engine in my maxx, never had to revert to factory settings though sorry not much help

I had one many years ago. Was a good little engine. I ran it in an old HPI Nitro MT, which was a single speed 1/10th offroad truck. The truck was fragile, but the engine was very solid. Tuned easy and ran very well. Was a far cry from the original hpi 15 that was in there.

I had a few OS 15 CV-R(X)'s in the past and they were long life engines that were also easy to tune. The 18 had quite a bit more torque. Wish it existed when I had a t-maxx as it would have been a lot better in that I think.

I had one many years ago. Was a good little engine. I ran it in an old HPI Nitro MT, which was a single speed 1/10th offroad truck. The truck was fragile, but the engine was very solid. Tuned easy and ran very well. Was a far cry from the original hpi 15 that was in there.

I had a few OS 15 CV-R(X)'s in the past and they were long life engines that were also easy to tune. The 18 had quite a bit more torque. Wish it existed when I had a t-maxx as it would have been a lot better in that I think.

All .those were the days when engines were easier to tune at only a few turns!.....LOL

All .those were the days when engines were easier to tune at only a few turns!.....LOL
Yeah... I still have an OS in rotation, the 21TM in one of my revos. Still a great little engine and holds a solid tune all day long. Wish they were all like that.... grumble stupid lrp 30 grumble...

Need some help tuning my engine I live in Phoenix, Arizona just so you know the pressure and stuff kinda getting hot now come off and on. Still waiting on carb needle thought I was thinking traxxas factory settings but I dont wanna risk blowing it up

If the engine is old & used ,upon cleaning it ,it is best if you coat the old needles with slime , or syliglide from Napa also ,
it wouldn't hurt to seal the engine up on the back plate & carb. throat with some high heat RV sealer
Like this ,it is not a OS cvr. ,it an AE. 18 though ,but it shows where!