need help traxxas nitro sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02 sport

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi i just pulled my old nitro sport out of the closet and recleaned everything up and tried starting it and the ez start just clicked i was like hmm so after looking at it i realized the "fluwheel" i believe its called does not spin the little silver wheel that spins w the piston...i took it up to my local hobby shop and they said it maybe hydro locked and try to take it apart nd break it lose i took the starter off knowing i could get to the other side of the cranck shaft and spin the nut to break it lose and it broke lose a little bit it still feels gummy tho and i was wondering if i should try to put oil or anything down it to break it up more or if the engine is shot...its a .15 pro...also if i do need a newer engine what should i go w i saw the 2.5 nd the 3.3 for traxxas but also the hobby shop recommended going w a os 18 or os 21 i am looking for a little more power if i do have to change motors am looking for any advice...

before you put the truck away did you use any after-run on it, how long was it put away for. If the fuel sits in the engine for a long period of time it could varnish.

it was put away for about 3 to 5 months maybe

did you clean out the engine before putting it away. the engine could just need a good de-gumming from the inside out.

if it feels gummy but turns it just needs to be cleaned. new fuel being flushed through it should do the trick. take the glow plug out, put a little bit of fuel in the carb and into the glow plug hole and use the easy start to crank it over. After a few times of doing this the new fuel should flush it out pretty good. Make sure to dump the fuel out before trying to start it tho..

no i didnt take apart the engine and clean it if thats what you are meaning....

to big bad wolf... should i just take like a q tip and get a few drops into it or should i dump alot in thr and when u say to dump out the rest meaning the new fuel that is in the tank as of now when i tried to start it sat or do u mean dump out like the carb and piston by like turning over the enigine.... thanks

no i didnt take apart the engine and clean it if thats what you are meaning....

to big bad wolf... should i just take like a q tip and get a few drops into it or should i dump alot in thr and when u say to dump out the rest meaning the new fuel that is in the tank as of now when i tried to start it sat or do u mean dump out like the carb and piston by like turning over the enigine.... thanks

its gonna take some fuel to clean it out, so use a fuel bottle, squirt some in the carb and glow plug hole, crank it over and dump it out. repeat the process a few times until it loosens up. when you're pretty sure its cleaned out, dump all of that fuel out of the engine. turn it back over, install your glow plug, fill the tank, prime it and try to start it. it should do fine after that.

In theory you could almost fill up the whole engine with fuel when you do this but i wouldnt put that much into it. definately make sure the glow plug is out though otherwise you wont be able to turn it over with the ez start.

its gonna take some fuel to clean it out, so use a fuel bottle, squirt some in the carb and glow plug hole, crank it over and dump it out. repeat the process a few times until it loosens up. when you're pretty sure its cleaned out, dump all of that fuel out of the engine. turn it back over, install your glow plug, fill the tank, prime it and try to start it. it should do fine after that.

In theory you could almost fill up the whole engine with fuel when you do this but i wouldnt put that much into it. definately make sure the glow plug is out though otherwise you wont be able to turn it over with the ez start.

thanks man the fuel cleaned it out and it will spin w the ez start not to sure if it spins fast enough tho but I'm charging my ez start now and gonna try to start it but before then i filped the car over and let it sit upside down do u think that will dry the fuel out enough or what should i do before i try to start it

thanks man the fuel cleaned it out and it will spin w the ez start not to sure if it spins fast enough tho but I'm charging my ez start now and gonna try to start it but before then i filped the car over and let it sit upside down do u think that will dry the fuel out enough or what should i do before i try to start it

as long as you left the glow plug out to let it drain it should be fine when you go to start it.