Need help removing a collar

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvhCo

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I recently bought a second-hand engine, the same displacement as my wrecked GX-15. It's missing the flywheel and the collar, though, so I took the flywheel of the GX-15, but I can't find a way to remove the collar. There's literally not a single post on Google on how to remove the collar. Any tips?

Do you mean the collet? The cone shaped thing, usually black or brass colored. It's only connected via friction. They usually have a small slot in them and if you have a fine tipped screwdriver, you can stick it in the slot and twist a bit to open it up to get it off. Otherwise, you just put a screwdriver between it and the bearing and pry it off.

Do you mean the collet? The cone shaped thing, usually black or brass colored. It's only connected via friction. They usually have a small slot in them and if you have a fine tipped screwdriver, you can stick it in the slot and twist a bit to open it up to get it off. Otherwise, you just put a screwdriver between it and the bearing and pry it off.
Got it, thanks :)