Need help identifying rc and finding parts.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondiskey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
20210928_102411.jpg

I know its a hpi truck but not sure what model. Also i had a vertex .21 engine that was seized. can't find it online anymore. And if i get a new engine does it matter what teeth the clutch bell is. The one i have is a 10T. But can't find them online. This old rc car means alot. Me and my dad used it when i was younger and he recently passed. Id like too get it back up and running. Thank you.

Iam thinking ansmann of some kind I know there no green on the metal but it looks ver like an Ansmann terrier
View attachment 133919
I know its a hpi truck but not sure what model. Also i had a vertex .21 engine that was seized. can't find it online anymore. And if i get a new engine does it matter what teeth the clutch bell is. The one i have is a 10T. But can't find them online. This old rc car means alot. Me and my dad used it when i was younger and he recently passed. Id like too get it back up and running. Thank you.
Jump shot maby???
Iam thinking ansmann of some kind I know there no green on the metal but it looks ver like an Ansmann terrier

Jump shot maby???
Fire storm ... Dose it take a .18 size engine??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-221401_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210928-221401_Google.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Jump shot maby???

Fire storm ... Dose it take a .18 size engine??
Ok i believe its 1/8th scale Himoto Bruiser Nitro Monster Truck.

Looks like the ofna Dominator to be 100% honest.

https://images.app.goo.gl/7JtXmNWnbQhZMSjBA
Welcome to RCT by the way. Hope you can get it running that would be awesome...
Download Google lens. It's the best app. One of the guy Wicked introduced it to me and other. It's been awesome. You just take pics of whatever and searches the web for the same points in picture. Or you can use one that you already have. Best app for finding info on old RCs

View attachment 133919
It's definitely a vintage HPI. But those are the best. Anyway to post more pics maybe of the front & rear. But we will figure it out bud👍👍

Man I’m sorry you dad passed…it’s definitely a old HPI as @StonerRC365 said we need some more pics.. that was only one pit and maybe zoom in the pic a little bit.. a video would really help as well but you would have to record it and then upload it to YouTube then post a link here. We will get it eventually I don’t know about anyone else here but I’m not giving up until we find the model. Every car has one thing that’s unique about the car we just need to find that one “unique” thing.

Edit: Well I now know it’s definitely a HPI just by looking at the sticker on the steering servo…maybe take off the servo saver and see what the sticker says also see what kind of reciver is in it that could be a very valuable clue and a pic of the transmitter would be helpful to

If you watch this video, and look at the blue aluminum parts and the radio box, it looks very much like the HSP Searover. Just the color of the aluminum is different. If the engine is original, then it is not HPI. Also one of the tires looks more like old T-Maxx tire.

If you strip it down to the chassis and take photo from a top down view there is an app called Google Lens that will likely identify it.

Ok, so theres 2 possibilities that this rig could be and the only difference i can find between the 2 rigs is the size of the engine they came with. In all other aspects these 2 rigs are clones of each other.

Himoto Rancho Monster Truck (theres also a rancho pro but again identical except came with larger engine)
Himoto-Rancho-Monster-Truck-Chassis.jpg

HSP Baja Tornado
HSP-baja-1-8-Scale-Nitro-Power-Off-Road-Monster-Truck-94083-RTR-Tornado-Avalanche-Boomwheel.jpg

If you watch this video, and look at the blue aluminum parts and the radio box, it looks very much like the HSP Searover. Just the color of the aluminum is different. If the engine is original, then it is not HPI. Also one of the tires looks more like old T-Maxx tire.
I thought that too!! I have a t maxx and I thought on of tires looked like one

It's definitely not a HSP searover. As it has a rear wing and doesn't have the little plastic tab behind front right tire..Also the A arms don't match as stated above. Close really close. Truck in question does have a Tmaxx tire on the right rear. But that doesn't mean anything. The Tmaxx was introduced in 99. And the 2.5 in 02. So those tires have been around for a while. And been on alot of trucks..Wolf looks like he might have found a match. But if more pictures could be posted we can get better idea of what we are looking at and find the exact truck for you. As said above we will figure it out. Just need some more info and pics 👍👍

It's definitely not a HSP searover. As it has a rear wing and doesn't have the little plastic tab behind front right tire..Also the A arms don't match as stated above. Close really close. Truck in question does have a Tmaxx tire on the right rear. But that doesn't mean anything. The Tmaxx was introduced in 99. And the 2.5 in 02. So those tires have been around for a while. And been on alot of trucks..Wolf looks like he might have found a match. But if more pictures could be posted we can get better idea of what we are looking at and find the exact truck for you. As said above we will figure it out. Just need some more info and pics 👍👍
No, it is not identical to the Searover, but it is a close cousin. It is just an earlier version of the HSP Truggy.

I already ID'd the kit. You guys are talking like you're still trying to figure out what it is.

View attachment 133919
So are you just looking to get it running. Have you gone over the truck. A full tear down? To see if everything with the electronics works? Do you still have the controller? What type of engine do you have or looking for. The bell Tooth count will depend on what you want out of it. More tourqe or looking for overall speed? And do you know what tooth count your spur gear is? That's going to be a factor in the size bell you want to get/have.. let us know we love to look up/at RC parts...👍👍

So are you just looking to get it running. Have you gone over the truck. A full tear down? To see if everything with the electronics works? Do you still have the controller? What type of engine do you have or looking for. The bell Tooth count will depend on what you want out of it. More tourqe or looking for overall speed? And do you know what tooth count your spur gear is? That's going to be a factor in the size bell you want to get/have.. let us know we love to look up/at RC parts...👍👍
Yep we love looking up parts! (Mostly because we all break are stuff wayyy to often so we have to look for parts often🤣🤦‍♂️)