Need help identifying nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Hi guys, please identify this Nitro heli I picked up for 50 bucks. I don't plan to fly it, just as a shelf decoration. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_140513262_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200812_140513262_HDR.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200813_070849560.jpg
    IMG_20200813_070849560.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 81
Oh I know this it's a radio controlled helicopter with a different fuel source than most. Verrry collectable to people who call themselfs "hobbyists".

Hi guys, please identify this Nitro heli I picked up for 50 bucks. I don't plan to fly it, just as a shelf decoration. Thanks.

I'm not sure, but it looks like the fuselage of a Revolution Hoverstar.

I'm not sure, but it looks like the fuselage of a Revolution Hoverstar.
That looks pretty close. However placement of the engine is different. The fuselage looks to be the same, maybe the guy did an engine swap.

Thunder tiger ,Kyosho an a few others had made nitro helis ,an it was common for folks to change the engine to OS , KB or
other high performance engines ,I had I believe to be a Kyosho conscept with a OS 32 at one time ,paid 25 bucks for it in
a yard sale ,but it was missing the controller ,it had about a 36 inch blade an when I fired the engine up ,it was scary ,I resold
it for a $ 150 bucks through the want adds in the paper ,it sold quick for that price ,an even at that ,the folks got a good deal!...:cool:

That fuel tank setup with auxiliary tank is very similar to my thunder tiger raptor 50. Th smaller size indicates maybe a Raptor 30.
If you find a collector dumb enough to buy it, please let me know.

That fuel tank setup with auxiliary tank is very similar to my thunder tiger raptor 50. Th smaller size indicates maybe a Raptor 30.
If you find a collector dumb enough to buy it, please let me know.
The way the belt is attached to the spur and the exhaust is way different from a raptor. I have a raptor, but this heli is not. Thanks though.