Need help identifing this buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enuahs

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey people!
I am new to the hobby of Nitro RC and a buddy of mine recently came across this car. Since I love to tinker and am really enjoying my RC's I said I would fix it up for him.
The problem is I don't have any idea who the manufacturer is. I know it is not a traxxas and I was leaning to HPI or Losi but I can find anything similar. Any help would be appreciated.

20141002_170629.jpg

20141002_170639.jpg

20141002_195806.jpg

20141002_195721.jpg

It looks like an Duratrax Axis, It's been discontinued for a long time so you're going to have hard time finding parts for it! It shares 90% of it's parts with a Duratrax Nitro Quake, something to keep in mind when your searching for parts.

BTW that doesn't look like the stock engine, does it have any writing on it?

I was afraid I would have trouble finding parts. For the most part it is in solid shape just poorly maintained. Thanks for the info on the Nitro Quake that should help alot.
The engine is a 3.5 TORO

Is it worth fixing or should i just part it out?

Last edited:
1000% duratrax axis, GREAT basher buggy, parts a a PITA to get. the Axis buggy i just sold had the same engine

Id sell it and get something newer or at least with more available parts :)

Double check the letters on the engine, is it Toro or Torq? I had the nitro quake with the Torq 21 but the head was black.

If all it needs is a little TLC I would get it running then sell it, unless you want to put it on a shelf.

Thanks everyone. Since I am doing this rebuild for a friend I am going to tear it down and see what we see. I would love to see it running again.
Maybe he will let me keep it and add it to my slowly growing collection :)
Any one know what I should do about a new body? Been searching with no luck on the original. Open to moding something else that might fit

Double check the letters on the engine, is it Toro or Torq? I had the nitro quake with the Torq 21 but the head was black.

If all it needs is a little TLC I would get it running then sell it, unless you want to put it on a shelf.

You are correct it is torq was just too dirty to read.

Just in case anyone is interested so far most parts are in good shape. I still need to tear into the engine but all the parts I need, minus the body, are still available.

20141005_132853-EFFECTS.jpg

Any 1/8th scale buggy body will work as long as the engine hole lines up. You can't make a body with a left engine hole work for a buggy where the engine is on the right.

You can trim just about any 1/8 buggy body to fit your car, Just keep in mind if your body sits too low on the chassis the air filter will rest on the throttle servo horn interfering with its function. Look for one of the newer style bodies with a taller roof line like these for example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-1-8-Tro...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d4f356e06
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-Ty...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540b09dc4e
These low profile air filters are also a big help if you're having clearance issues.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-1-8-D8S...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d501e6392

Just in case anyone is interested so far most parts are in good shape. I still need to tear into the engine but all the parts I need, minus the body, are still available.

View attachment 85889
OFNA i though... i have thay one and need front suspension parts...those are the parts I'm looking for...for sale?

OFNA i though... i have thay one and need front suspension parts...those are the parts I'm looking for...for sale?
This thread is from 2014 so I doubt that OP (if hes even still active on here) still has this. I wish youd have found this before I just spent an hour IDing your car from you other post. O _ o