Need help from all rc racers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Let me start by telling you a bit about my self. I've been in rc racing for just over a year now and I love it. Everything about it accept the distance I have to travel to get to a track. Its just over 45 minutes.

Thats when I had this idea, to build rc tracks were they were needed. Thats were my idea comes into play, make a web site and ask fellow rc racer for the help in building as many tracks in as many states as possible.

So thats what I'm doing, please visit my site, www.sponsormyrctruck.com for details on how to help.

Thanks for reading this and please pass this along to fellow rc races. I'm hoping this will be a big success.

Looks more like you are just trying to get donations.
Your site is all in caps so I lost interest in trying to read it.

Hi [email protected],

I also have a donation page to start my own track. Will you help a fellow racer out? The track will be located in my backyard. I need money for the beer cooler, automatic watering system , and funds to cover half my mortgage. If your donation is extra generous, I will install a stripper pole also. Right now I have to travel over 47 minutes to get to my local track, which is 2 minutes longer than you have to travel to get to your track. So as you can see I am in more need than you are. Feel free to put my track on your site for donations. Thanks for supporting your fellow racer.

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Hi [email protected],

I also have a donation page to start my own track. Will you help a fellow racer out? The track will be located in my backyard. I need money for the beer cooler, automatic watering system , and funds to cover half my mortgage. If your donation is extra generous, I will install a stripper pole also. Right now I have to travel over 47 minutes to get to my local track, which is 2 minutes longer than you have to travel to get to your track. So as you can see I am in more need than you are. Feel free to put my track on your site for donations. Thanks for supporting your fellow racer.

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Hi [email protected],

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Hi [email protected],

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Suppose I would donate a dime to your site if it was a true site. I figured if people were going to give the guy a dollar to shoot his own foot, that rc racers would toss a dime or what ever to help build tracks, it starts with one.
Dont like the idea, cool, but bashing me for giving it a shot shows me your the racer everyone avoids.
The site is in caps, I just thought it would be easier to read.

Suppose I would donate a dime to your site if it was a true site. I figured if people were going to give the guy a dollar to shoot his own foot, that rc racers would toss a dime or what ever to help build tracks, it starts with one.
Dont like the idea, cool, but bashing me for giving it a shot shows me your the racer everyone avoids.
The site is in caps, I just thought it would be easier to read.

For every dollar you donate to my site I will donate a dime to yours. That is a 10% return on your money. It's a great deal and helps both your site and mine. In addition to the dime donation, I will shoot you in the foot for free. That's right, no charge. I'll do anything to help a fellow racer out.

Please hurry and make your donation to

[email protected]

Fellow RC racers are depending on you!

Hey guys, the guys just looking for alittle help. Everybody needs help at one point, I my self could use some help too but do you see me....Well,

Hi [email protected],

Donations can be sent to,

[email protected]

Last edited:
Hi [email protected],

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Hi [email protected],

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Go figure, I thought that would be the reaction. I just can't believe the childish reaction from some of you. If you dont like the idea then walk away, bashing it only makes you look like the fool.
I know there are folks out there that will help, thats why I posted.

Hi [email protected],

I also have a donation page to start my own track. Will you help a fellow racer out? The track will be located in my backGARDEN. I need money for the beer FRIDGE, I DON'T NEED an automatic watering system it rains plenty in England, so anything you give will go on worthwhile things like beer and strippers INSTEAD of wasteful things like water and funds to cover half my mortgage. If your donation is extra generous, I will install a stripper pole also. Right now I have to travel over 47 minutes to get to my local track, which is 2 minutes longer than you have to travel to get to your track. So as you can see I am in more need than you are. Feel free to put my track on your site for donations. Thanks for supporting your fellow racer. Don't forget that as I am in the United Kingdom I will need payment in pounds sterling ONLY at a rate of $1=£1 (instead of $1.80 = £1 as it currently is)

Donations can be sent to

[email protected]

Thanks!!!!

Please create a forum on your site so we can come over for the sole reason of begging for cash. You have not contributed one thing to this community so why would we take you for anything more then a beggar?

I hope you have registered as a non profit so you don’t have to pay taxes on the money you collect. Not that I think your donations and a dollar will be anything more then a...... Dollar.

Good luck.

-Ed

I applaud your idea and your effort, but at the same time, I really believe this is going to be a fruitless effort on your part.

To borrow a phrase from our environmentalist friends, "Think globally, act locally."

The unfortunate reality to your endeavor is that so many people have been scammed by undertakings similar to you, and not just R/C related. Certainly you've heard of folks faking cancer, or claiming their (child, spouse, family member) is suffering some illness or disability, setting up a fund to collect donations for medical treatment and the like then running with the money.

There are simply too many unknowns, both about you personally and about your undertaking, that I simply am not comfortable donating money to your cause. Your web site has the look of being sanctioned by ROAR, but is that true? Have you established any relationships with ROAR? Have you considered working with one of the R/C magazines or manufacturers to both spread the word and lend credibility to your effort?

Essentially, you're asking folks to simply give you money on the premise that you will fund the construction of more tracks to encourage racing, right? Where's the control? Who's ultimately responsible for accounting for the funds raised and insuring they are spent as promised? What's your timeline? How are we sure you won't skip town with the money?

About three or so years ago, a young man here in Cincinnati convinced the Mayor and City Council to GIVE him close to $1 million dollars to renovate an old theater in a run-down part of town as part of a community beautification initiative. Know where he is now? Getting gang-raped by the "sisters" in the Lucasville State Penitinary! The man invested ZERO DOLLARS into the project, spent the money on trips to Austrailia, trying to promote some no-name rapper, shoes, clothes...you get the picture.

So, while you may feel the reactions you are receiving to be childish, the point is, you are highly unlikely to get any donations from folks that call this their "R/C Home." Not unless you add an incredible amount of credibility to the effort.

My advice is to start locally in your area, build trust and faith in your endeavor and then branch out. Until then, unfortunately, you're spending money on hosting and domain fees for nothing (or at least very little.)

I wish you luck, but I think regrouping and thinking it through with the end in mind is the better way to go here.

Hey dig in your own pocket I runnin on the meadian here in New Olreans afetr that bitch Katrina.... quote " BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!" HELL or the profits is in concesion sales

Monkey Wrench said:
I applaud your idea and your effort, but at the same time, I really believe this is going to be a fruitless effort on your part.

To borrow a phrase from our environmentalist friends, "Think globally, act locally."

The unfortunate reality to your endeavor is that so many people have been scammed by undertakings similar to you, and not just R/C related. Certainly you've heard of folks faking cancer, or claiming their (child, spouse, family member) is suffering some illness or disability, setting up a fund to collect donations for medical treatment and the like then running with the money.

There are simply too many unknowns, both about you personally and about your undertaking, that I simply am not comfortable donating money to your cause. Your web site has the look of being sanctioned by ROAR, but is that true? Have you established any relationships with ROAR? Have you considered working with one of the R/C magazines or manufacturers to both spread the word and lend credibility to your effort?

Essentially, you're asking folks to simply give you money on the premise that you will fund the construction of more tracks to encourage racing, right? Where's the control? Who's ultimately responsible for accounting for the funds raised and insuring they are spent as promised? What's your timeline? How are we sure you won't skip town with the money?

About three or so years ago, a young man here in Cincinnati convinced the Mayor and City Council to GIVE him close to $1 million dollars to renovate an old theater in a run-down part of town as part of a community beautification initiative. Know where he is now? Getting gang-raped by the "sisters" in the Lucasville State Penitinary! The man invested ZERO DOLLARS into the project, spent the money on trips to Austrailia, trying to promote some no-name rapper, shoes, clothes...you get the picture.

So, while you may feel the reactions you are receiving to be childish, the point is, you are highly unlikely to get any donations from folks that call this their "R/C Home." Not unless you add an incredible amount of credibility to the effort.

My advice is to start locally in your area, build trust and faith in your endeavor and then branch out. Until then, unfortunately, you're spending money on hosting and domain fees for nothing (or at least very little.)

I wish you luck, but I think regrouping and thinking it through with the end in mind is the better way to go here.
Now thats the help I'm looking for, the voice of reason. Will work on the site, see what I can do to make it more honest looking as I'm not out to scam;rip off or harm anyone.
Advice will be taken and I'll be back. Thanks.

So,
If in the next 6 months you get say, 12.90 in donations what are you going to do with it?

Monkey Wrench?! The "voice of reason"?!?!?! Those are two things I never thought I'd live to see in the same sentence.

J/K MW :laugh:

Back