Need help! E-revo 2.0 steering problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fightinirish513

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and need help. Having problems with steering on my E-revo 2.0. I'm using a single servo setup and recently installed a $120 Reefs 299 LP servo. It's a low profile fast servo. I started experiencing what seemed like binding in my steering. Fine at first then it would seem up bind one way or the he other. So i got a new servo saver. Did nothing. What i found was it will barely turn the wheels after a few minutes if running it. But if you hit the throttle error turning it immediately turns all the way. If i turn while easy on throttle or off throttle it will make a really wide turn. I can't find anyone having this issue. Can someone help please! Lol thanks

Maybe you need a BEC for the servo. You might be experiencing a brownout where the servo isn't getting a steady supply of voltage.

What ESC do you have? If it has an internal BEC, see what the voltage is set at. See what the servo can handle and adjust accordingly.

If it doesn't have a BEC, grab a Castle 10A and throw in it. @Greywolf74 might know for sure if this is what is happening.

Last edited:
My first question was "Is it getting at least 6V?" It really needs 8.4V or even 7.4V but make sure its at least getting 6V. If its not a voltage issue then check to see if theres any binding in the steering system. If theres no binding in the steering system, its getting at least 6V, and the servo is new then theres probably something wrong with it and Id return it for a replacement.

Wow thanks guys! It's the original ESC that comes with the E-revo 2.0. How can i check what voltage it's getting? Btw when i first power it on it seemed to be fine. But in just a few minutes this starts. I'll see if i been figure out how to check voltage

Hey guys I'm new here and need help. Having problems with steering on my E-revo 2.0. I'm using a single servo setup and recently installed a $120 Reefs 299 LP servo. It's a low profile fast servo. I started experiencing what seemed like binding in my steering. Fine at first then it would seem up bind one way or the he other. So i got a new servo saver. Did nothing. What i found was it will barely turn the wheels after a few minutes if running it. But if you hit the throttle error turning it immediately turns all the way. If i turn while easy on throttle or off throttle it will make a really wide turn. I can't find anyone having this issue. Can someone help please! Lol thanks
I'm a bit late to the "game", but I'll offer my help anyway:
First, I'd check for steering binding, disconnect the servo from the servo saver/linkage, and turn the steering system front different places, feel for binding. After that I would check to make sure your steering EPA (End Point Adjustment) is set correctly (if you've been bashing for a while with it turned all the way up, you probably stressed the servo, because it was trying to turn the wheels more after the steering is locked out). Also check the servo, see if it's faulty. That's my $0.02, I'm not a guru on electronic stuff like, say, @Greywolf74. Have you resolved the problem already?

check main battery connections along with battery. Id add a ubec and set it at max voltage of servo and esc make sure u remove center wire on esc rx plug

How can i check what voltage it's getting?
Sorry, I never saw this post until now. You need a multimeter and you would use it on the two prongs in the receiver that the red and black (or sometimes red and brown) wires from the servo connect to.

Back