Need help! Don't know what to do next?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
New to the hobby, I've gotten a lot of great advice from this forum, but I'm lost. My nitro rc isn't getting fuel.

Yes I've blown into the exhaust pipe line and it does get fuel with no air leaks. What do I check next?

New to the hobby, I've gotten a lot of great advice from this forum, but I'm lost. My nitro rc isn't getting fuel.

Yes I've blown into the exhaust pipe line and it does get fuel with no air leaks. What do I check next?

Next step ,is to clean the carb!

But before you do so ,always mark the turns of the carb needles down on paper when you take the needles out...:cool:

I'll try that today, I'll let you know how it works.

Air leak? I know this happen to me before and the fuel tank ended up leaking air from the cap area.

Have you got this fixed? Curious as to what you're running. Sometimes there is a known issue with the kit that someone here could suggest an easy or at least a known fix for this.cleaning that carb is a good next step for sure though!

Sorry it took so long, crazy time of the year for me. I'm running a red cat shockwave.

I cleaned the carb, still nothing.

I guess I should add, I broke the pull start recoil, and replaced it with a drill start it hasn't ran since then.

Have you verified that your plug is good and that your igniter is FULLY charged up? Is the idle gap on your carb set to 1mm? When you cleaned the carb, did you pull the needles out completely? Have you verified that the o rings are in good shape? Replacing them is easy and cheap. It's good in these cases to just replace them and KNOW they are good. Be sure to use a good lube when you replace them! Also verify that the carb is good and snug. (that the clamping screw underneath is snug)
Just a few more ideas, things to check...

I just replaced the fuel lines and presto! It fired right up.

I thought they were good because when I blew in the lines they seemed to hold pressure.

Back