need help deciding........

• Thread starter Traxxass_FREAK90
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxass_FREAK90

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi. i need help deciding whether to get a T-Maxx or to get one of the other RC cars. i really want to get a nitro car but i dont know which one. i would greatly apreciate your help on decidng. thanx:classic:

Give us more info like what kind of area you live in. What kind of places do you have to drive at parking lots or dirt lots and so on.

oh ya i forgot to add that where i live tehre is lots of ruged turain. and i relly want a monster truck. i jusat need help deciding what to get.

there isnt anything like dirt lots where i live tehres total off road adn other things.

Have you ever run nitro before???

no but i ahyve ran amy electrics and soforth.

Id say get a T-maxx but I just like them alot there is a good support base and most of the people on this site know most of what there is to know about them. But take some time and look at all the trucks out there and then pick the one you think is the best.

tf Get what you want to get

you are a freak

shut up cousin.....

you might want to see what parts your lhs carries. Make sure you get a truck that is easy to get parts for. The new maxx looks pretty fast. I saw a terra crusher and out of the box is is stupid slow. The thing can't get out of its own way. The tc with os 21 is nuts fast and handles very well. I saw the tc run 1 day and it broke every 5 minutes with the os 21. The rear rim spun it self off. The nut was still on the axle. the plastice could not hold up to the power. I happen to like my maxx. I wont say its the best truck but it is the best truck for me (right now anyway).

well teh closest hobby shop to where i live is about 60miles. adn i can really drive yet.

Just curious as to how many threads you are going to start in order to ask the same question...

Mods you might want to consider getting in here and consolidating the two or three threads started by the same guy asking the same question....

well He's my cousin and I dont know
how many times he's going to do it

hey I'm new to this. i really a chat type of person adn i jsut started doing this. i havent done thias very much at all.

Gotcha...for future reference...one thread on the forum to ask your questions is sufficient. You do not need to open three and four threads asking the same question on the same board of the forum. It takes up space and gets to be bothersome...little tip on forum etiquette...

only 2 are on the same subject. teh 3rd is some questions about nitro rc cars not what to get.

Not trying to start a war here...just pointing out a small error...do what you want...

Originally posted by Niffken
you might want to see what parts your lhs carries. Make sure you get a truck that is easy to get parts for. The new maxx looks pretty fast. I saw a terra crusher and out of the box is is stupid slow. The thing can't get out of its own way. The tc with os 21 is nuts fast and handles very well. I saw the tc run 1 day and it broke every 5 minutes with the os 21. The rear rim spun it self off. The nut was still on the axle. the plastice could not hold up to the power. I happen to like my maxx. I wont say its the best truck but it is the best truck for me (right now anyway).
That's about the best advise you can give someone. One thing on the LHS issue, don't take their word as the absolute gospel because they could be clueless about the product they just sold you.

Buy what you can afford.

Remember you will be breaking stuff and will need to replace it.

Remember you will probably be upgrading which will also cost (dearly at times)

Yes, yes and yes - go to the LHS and see what products they support the most. Dont let this be your final factor, but, consider what you will go through when something goes bad.

And last but not least, ONE POST PER SUBJECT MATTER. Thank you in advance!

-Chris

If you can afford it when it comes out, I would say to take a look at the new ofna titan. It looks really sweet. I'm not sure what the price is on it yet, but I know it should be out for christmas. I think its worth waiting for by what I've seen of it.