Need advice on leaning savage so it will start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. The alkaline battery powered glow igniter that I have doesn't compare to either of my rechargeable igniters i have even with a quality brand batteries. At least eliminate that as a possible cause.

I was thinking that may be part of the problem. Went to LHS and all that was in stock was a cheap hobbico. I didn't buy it but I guess anything is better than what I'm using. I'll go to the other store and grab the dynamite as soon as possible. You think this could be the problem? It makes sense. I've been having to swap c batteries during attempted cranks. I would try off and on for a min or so, pull the plug and put it in the glow wand and nothing. Pop another c in and the plug glows orange. So from what I can tell the c battery is losing power after 15-20 sec.

If it was the Hobbico Hot Shot, it's not a cheap piece of crap, I got an old one on trade and thought the same thing as you. It sat for a few years before I got it so I figured it would be trash but I decided to give it a go, and it's now my main ignitor and has never let me down, it seems to hold a charge forever. With that being said, I am planning on giving the lipo ignitor from above a shot.

I'm not sure which one it was. It was 14.95 and I was looking for something with a little bit more juice.

I didn't see this mentioned and if it was sorry but have you tried to put your finger over the exhaust while you crank? I have to do that with my HPI and my Traxxas to get them started, it helps the fuel get to the engine faster. Once it tries to start plug and unplug the exhaust with your finger for a few seconds, it should fire right up.

Hmmm. I've been priming this way but I've not tried it while cranking. Just got back from my anniversary trip so I haven't messed with the truck in a week. I'll give it a try. Thanks