Need a little help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennymurphy180

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought an old tmaxx, I did a break in and cleaned the carb, it has the trx 2.5 original engine, plastic gears and original tires so it was barely ran, I replaced fuel lines and cleaned out the tank, I can't get it to tune right, I don't know much about the original factory setting? if anyone knows the factory carb setting please let me know, I think it may be to lean because it won't stay started, but I introduce more fuel in 16th turns and it smokes well, it drains a tank in just a few min

I bought an old tmaxx, I did a break in and cleaned the carb, it has the trx 2.5 original engine, plastic gears and original tires so it was barely ran, I replaced fuel lines and cleaned out the tank, I can't get it to tune right, I don't know much about the original factory setting? if anyone knows the factory carb setting please let me know, I think it may be to lean because it won't stay started, but I introduce more fuel in 16th turns and it smokes well, it drains a tank in just a few min

If it drinks that much fuel in a few min. ,then its way too rich ,an that probably is factory sets!

It just sounds like the previous owner didn't tune it after break-in!....That's a good thing!...:thumbs-up:

Check out the engine tuning in the engine section!...:cool: