name change (finally?)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
WoodiE was kind enough to change my username to RobH. I asked in the contributor's forums (plug plug donate and feel better about yourself plug plug) which name to use. This one was not the most popular, but this is what they call me at the track. The local track pro / hobby shop owner is "Rob". Hence, they call me "RobH" on the roster. As soon as I slapped a the "RobH" sticker on the bottom of my XS3 (for impound), I knew this was the username.

Anyway, I didn't pick my name, it picked me.

Rather than leaving this topic just like this, I'd like to ask a question:

Would you guys be interested in RCNT T-Shirts? This is going to be my t-shirt:

RCNT-shirt.jpg

This isn't the image I'm going to use (this one is). This larger one is high res and it's printed backwards so when I iron it on, it looks correct. You'll notice my sig in both images. I'm going to cut away the part with my sig and iron it on to the front left of my shirt like a name tag.

If a lot of you want shirts, I'll look into the cost. Right now, guessing, I can't imaging it costing me more than $10 per shirt to print up (shipping would two or three of bucks via the post office).

Anyway, speak up if you're interested and I'll figure out the cost.

Also, feel free to use the above image if you wanna mess around with it. You can buy the transfers at wallmart, kmart and just about any stationary store.

-Rob

I'm game for a shirt!

I might just want to put my car on it though hehehe

uh - i want a shirt - i wanted a shirt a month ago too, ahem, hint hint. lol.

I never sent your transfer out because the one I put on my shirt (test shirt) peeled and curled. I think I'm gonna go for the HP brand transfers and see if they do any better.

My wife just had an idea. How about putting the name tag on the the left sleeve? I could move the name tag up on the sheet and print up "RCNT" in caps and stick it on the right sleeve.

I'll buy the transfers and one shirt and see how test shirt #2 comes out. I think I'll have to buy the shirts locally. This way I don't have to worry about buying a bunch at once to save on shipping.

Chris, I was thinking about having a different R/C in each shirt. They would all be that dark blue that you see. It wouldn't be that much trouble to change each graphic... as long as I don't have to do 50 of em. LOL

Anyone else in for a shirt?

I would like a shirt as well. Just let me know when it'll be ready.

What size image do you want? Ill send it. I'm in!

OMG, is El talking about my anti-war post and that comment about being a "Novice"? LOL I'm sitting here scratching me head, thinking "what in the hell coculd that mean?"

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
What size image do you want? Ill send it. I'm in!

Çh®i§tiªñ, wait until I make up my test shirt. You guys may not like the look after I'm done. The last one was all shinny where the transfer hit the t-shirt. It looked really gay on white parts.

If you send me the custom images of your RCs for your shirts, I'll need them in HIGH RES! As many pixles and colors as your camera will push. I need them all. ALSO PLEASE SEND AN IMAGE OF WHAT YOU WANT ON THE LEFT SLEEVE AS A NAMETAG. Animated flash images, for example, don't show up well on fabric. :hehe:

When the time comes, email the images to me:

[email protected]

After you email me you'll get a message from spamarrest.com
Follow the instructions and I will get your original message and any afterward.

"T-Shirts, get your RCNT T-Shirts... T-Shirts, get your RCNT T-Shirts" -- just like the beer man.

Should we add an area for 'Tour Dates' ??

1st Stop - Buffalo, NY - August 8-9th 2003
2nd Stop - ?????, CA - September ?-? 2003

What do you think?

Originally posted by SilentGTboy
I'd love a shirt, How much?

I'm going to buy the t-shirts locally. I honestly don't know how much yet. I'm just looking to cover my costs. I hope to get out to Walmart shortly. I'm going to print up a test shirt and see how it does. I'll know then how much they will cost.

Originally posted by RobH
OMG, is El talking about my anti-war post and that comment about being a "Novice"? LOL I'm sitting here scratching me head, thinking "what in the hell coculd that mean?"
Something along the lines of the war againt Blazer.

ahhh one or the other but yeah. cease fire.

I know at my mall there is a guy who sells t-shirts and he can make any shirt for 17 bucks but that sounds pretty exspensive to me.

yeah. The transfers will put the cost of each shirt up a buck or so. The biggest cost is the t-shirt itself. Also, if they come out like the last shirt and look all gay and shinny, you guys may not want them.

NA, you're lucky you didn't get that transfer. The first test shirt got all poopy in the wash and I had to throw it away. Those transfers were junk -- some no name brand.

Last edited:
all shiny eh? retro 70's style all the way bro! remember the far out buster brown shirts of the 70's with the cool shiny transfers on them of things like star wars and smokey and the bandit?

Back