My X Maxx Mods: After 2 weeks of running it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the house of RC addicts.. nice X man looking good... I love mine it's a awesome truck.. there are some things you won't be able to do to it as it's a monster truck bud sorry.. Definitely want to protect your chassis..But i wouldnt have gone with stainless steel. In that set up it might bend or be brittle.. and not really help with protecting your center plate look into T-BONE racing has very strong skid plates. It actually hovers over the chassis and is one big solid piece... if jumping heavier wt shock oil better springs.. RPM rear hubs.. I personally would stay away from aluminum anything.. as it will change break pints in the truck....Definitely get harden steel gears pinon/ spur all of them as they are aluminum.. 😝😝. Definitely a fasteddy bearing set.. the lowering of the CG really won't be able to achieve. It's designed to be a monster truck.. adding weight to bottom won't do anything to the CG unless you change your shock oil to a 20wt. But that's just not good at all for that size of a truck.. guess you are trying to get it to have better handling? With better shock set up and different springs you can get some what better handling. But you won't be maken turns at high speeds that's for sure bud sorry to say... the electronics are OK just OK ... better servo eventually. And if doing speed run upgrading the esc will be a must. There's alot that can be done with the X. It all come down to $$$ and your budget and plans for it... I love mine... if you have any ? Or need any advice we are all here man... and thank you for your service 👍👍
Put the skid plate on my Maxx, kept the center front and back took the sides off was wondering if you knew what size screws was in there from factory?

Put the skid plate on my Maxx, kept the center front and back took the sides off was wondering if you knew what size screws was in there from factory?
I dont know right off the top of my head but you can find it in the exploded views HERE

Whats up bud. You took the side rails off? Did you find what you were looking for..

Back