My RC corner got a big upgrade today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Was in Home Depot this morning to get a little plumbing fitting and you know how you can never get out of there with only what you came in for… So I went down a random isle in an effort to stay away from the Milwaukee section and this shelving unit caught my eye. I think it was $60. What a difference from them being in a duffel bag on the floor. Now I can bask in their glory while I’m wrenching! Haha

IMG_2123.jpeg

I bought 5 similar ones off AMZ recently for my RC parts tubs and other general storage. My cars are already on some Home Depot shelves I got some years back for my old Bourbon collection (before I drank it all LOL).

PXL_20230504_054323779-r.jpg

@fozzy71 You definitely have a bigger collection than me! I have a pretty long list of models I want but it hasn’t materialized yet 😂
I got back into the hobby in 2019 with 4 Traxxas rigs, then I put the hobby on the back burner cuz of the pandemic. Between last September and this April, I added 11 cars, all bought during various Traxxas and Arrma sales. Some of the cars I bought were as much as 40% off MSRP, so I suggest you save your cash this summer and wait for the End of Summer, Fall into Savings, Black Friday, New Year's, etc sales later this year to add to the collection at a discount.

I got back into the hobby in 2019 with 4 Traxxas rigs, then I put the hobby on the back burner cuz of the pandemic. Between last September and this April, I added 11 cars, all bought during various Traxxas and Arrma sales. Some of the cars I bought were as much as 40% off MSRP, so I suggest you save your cash this summer and wait for the End of Summer, Fall into Savings, Black Friday, New Year's, etc sales later this year to add to the collection at a discount.
Yea I just recently scooped up an Associated DR10 for $140. I pretty quickly realized I’m not into drag racing. I’m currently working on converting it into something more suited to paved oval racing. Still on the hunt for a proper NASCAR body but haven’t found one that matches the wheelbase yet. For now I’m gonna throw a buggy body on it and some Hoons. Should be fun. I really want to get into 1/8 buggies.

Yea I just recently scooped up an Associated DR10 for $140. I pretty quickly realized I’m not into drag racing. I’m currently working on converting it into something more suited to paved oval racing. Still on the hunt for a proper NASCAR body but haven’t found one that matches the wheelbase yet. For now I’m gonna throw a buggy body on it and some Hoons. Should be fun. I really want to get into 1/8 buggies.
My 3 x Typhons are my favorite rigs. They are so versatile. Two of my Typhons are 'Truggified' with the wider Kraton Hubs/Stubs (1 is for off-road, 1 for on-road) and the other just has some +13mm hexes on it so far (also set up for on-road bashing).

*Edit: I am also having a tuff time with my 2wd Drag Slashes but 4wd launches with my Infraction and Typhon's has been a lot of fun this spring.

PXL_20230425_232824941.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230425_235559371.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230426_233219944.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Back