My newest and oldest RC!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
20210823_122331.jpg

My cuz ended up trading me this nitro for all the work I did on his slash.

Lens comes back with Ofna Monster Blazer 1/8.

It needs a lot of work. Tried to test the electronics but I think the airtronics receiver is toast. I'll toss one of my spares in it for a test.

Got a pull start today so I'll see if the engine turns over.

And as you all can see it needs a major cleaning.

View attachment 131554

It needs a lot of work. Tried to test the electronics but I think the airtronics receiver is toast. I'll toss one of my spares in it for a test.

That looks awesome! Once it’s fixed up, it would probably be amazing to drive.

View attachment 131554

View attachment 131554

Nice grab! I have this same truck and more Ofna. These things are solid! Mine came with Pirate tires. No slipper clutch center diff like the Pirate though. I converted it to a buggy swapping parts from my other Ofnas but have not replaced the .26 engine after I wore it out. Still in progress.
More "junk", aka treasure,that I got from someone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_130007.jpg
    IMG_20210823_130007.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 41
If you need diff parts, or almost any other part, I have an entire truck worth of parts minus the main chassis.

Nice grab! I have this same truck and more Ofna. These things are solid! Mine came with Pirate tires. No slipper clutch center diff like the Pirate though. I converted it to a buggy swapping parts from my other Ofnas but have not replaced the .26 engine after I wore it out. Still in progress.
More "junk", aka treasure,that I got from someone.
If you need diff parts, or almost any other part, I have an entire truck worth of parts minus the main chassis.
That's a nice looking rig. Can't wait until mines looking like that.
Thanks for the offer. Hopefully I won't need them but we'll see 😉

I know this guy who did an awesome restoration on a Slash, you should hit him up to restore this rig. ;)
Yeah, he would be the one to call. If you can find him, maybe you can hire...
Untitled56_20210823141408.png

Wow that Lens app must have a better algorithm than the normal google reverse look up cuz I could not find any MT version that used that Ultra LX chassis. Gonna have to download it and try it out.

Wow that Lens app must have a better algorithm than the normal google reverse look up cuz I could not find any MT version that used that Ultra LX chassis. Gonna have to download it and try it out.
It's pretty nice. I was able to find out what breed my cat is using it 😆

It's pretty nice. I was able to find out what breed my cat is using it 😆
Yeah, it will find almost anything you ask it to. Every RC I have tried, it has nailed it.

I just downloaded it :)
Let me know what you think. It's pretty crazy just for this hobby. Oh, and your tool thread is going to be soooo much easier now! lol

Kev - you need to share some teardown pics man. Chomping at the bit over here! I can't wait to see what you do with this one!

View attachment 131554

Hell yeah man that's awesome... see self motivation and hard work pays off in the end... Well done👍👍 can't wait to see this one done.. with the kretro breakdown method.. should be a very clean sparkly new nitro when completed.... congrats man!! You definitely deserve it after that breakdown and restore of the slash.. you can tune engine over with out the pull start..pull the glow plug. Hit a little WD40 in the plug hole.. and turn the flywheel.. it hopefully will turn over for you... I wouldn't do it dry though 👍👍
I've been talking to him all morning 🤪🤣
It's when he starts talking back and answering the other voice get jealous just be careful and play nice 🤪😜🤣🤣

I have over 40 force big blocks and new in pack parts. BLUE HEAD p4 .21 is what I do.

I'm jelly bout that blaza mane

Back