my new trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the one NCNitro was referring to:
Still rolling on floor, a year later:

picture546.jpg

picture550.jpg

LMAO!!!! Yep, thats te one. Just before it was a railer it was a ramp for a micro t. :hehe:

Lmfao!!!! Snub.

thanks, I'm getting ready to build another one, not sure if i want to do something different and do a wood or mesh floor....

yeah I've been on that site and talked to rocky a few times over the last week...he's a bad ass when it comes to making trailers...

The first time that link was posted I spent a good hour admiring his work. When I went back to the thread it was posted in I found that Zip Zap ramp/trailer posted. Talk about culture shock! I just couldn't stop laughing.

By the way, if you need 'expanded metal mesh' for the trailer floor you can get it in an art supply store. It's used to rough out a shape before applying clay for a sculpture. You get a lot, and it's quite inexpensive.

Here's what it looks like:

CadGrill.jpg

thanks for the tip rolex.

Thanks man!!

i do like the "scaleness" of that mesh, the mesh Rocky uses is really big and imo not scale...i have some i was planning to use but i might try to find an art store locally first.

That looks SWEET!!!

What did you use to make the axels for the trailer?

That stuff you use, rolex, looks pretty flimsy, might just be me, but it really looks like it'd sag with a rig on it such as a vehicle carrier trailer......

That looks SWEET!!!

What did you use to make the axels for the trailer?

just 3/16th steel rod and some "custom" fab ;)

I agree alpine on how that mesh would just bend, might be useful though in the looks department while using something else for the main deck....maybe stronger mesh first then some of that for cosmetic appeal.

You ought to do one with like the wood look on the floor, then a mesh drop gate on the rear.........

lol, funny you mention that, thats what I'm planning to do, i already have the wood for it too.