My Mini-B Frustration!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
More just a quick rant!

Love this little buggy, but good grief is this thing a PIA to work on!

Been reading about the grease coming out of the diff and the best thing to do was to open it up, clean it all out and add just a thin layer of replacement grease.

So, decided to do so...and I created some new and interesting, shall we say, words of frustration putting the rear end back together!

For one, the exploded view diagrams in the manual that come with it are a joke! They don't show how one component fits to another. For example, attaching the rear end to the chassis or, if you've done this, that longer screw that goes through the top, connects a little cage-like covering over the motor then screws into the engine mount.

And those tiny screws! Ugh, I was losing my mind!

Anyways, she's back together with a new 15T pinion, so we'll see how racing goes tomorrow night, but holy moly what a chore!

More just a quick rant!

Love this little buggy, but good grief is this thing a PIA to work on!

Been reading about the grease coming out of the diff and the best thing to do was to open it up, clean it all out and add just a thin layer of replacement grease.

So, decided to do so...and I created some new and interesting, shall we say, words of frustration putting the rear end back together!

For one, the exploded view diagrams in the manual that come with it are a joke! They don't show how one component fits to another. For example, attaching the rear end to the chassis or, if you've done this, that longer screw that goes through the top, connects a little cage-like covering over the motor then screws into the engine mount.

And those tiny screws! Ugh, I was losing my mind!

Anyways, she's back together with a new 15T pinion, so we'll see how racing goes tomorrow night, but holy moly what a chore!

Don't have a Mini B but I understand the enhanced vocabulary that can come from trying to figure out some of these little parts.

Don't have a Mini B but I understand the enhanced vocabulary that can come from trying to figure out some of these little parts.
I have a mini-b and a mini T 2.0 but I'm really not much of a mini/micro guy. While they are a hoot to drive around in my garage and I do plan on hopping them up to brushless eventually. I'm really not sure why I even bought them. I think just cuz they were Losi and I'm a bit of a fanboy? At least 60% of the reason I'm not in to minis/micros is having to work on them.

Last edited: