My Losi Night crawler transmitter has died

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadzo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
The lights on my old Losi night crawler transmitter refuse to light up. Have checked batteries and are all good and sending 6v to the pcb.
Should I be able to pair the crawler to any 2.4ghz transmitter? Have tried using a Team Associated XP3-SS but can't get it to link up. Is there something unique with the "Losi MRX-300 with Spektrum 2.4GHZ DSM". Sorry if this is a daft question but I am not that familiar with RC issues.
Thanks in advance.

Radios come with receivers that work with them. You can't connect any radio to any receiver. You have to find a receiver to match the radio you have, or buy a radio with a new receiver. Like the Flysky GT3. It will work with various Flysky receivers, but not all Flysky receivers

Radios come with receivers that work with them. You can't connect any radio to any receiver. You have to find a receiver to match the radio you have, or buy a radio with a new receiver. Like the Flysky GT3. It will work with various Flysky receivers, but not all Flysky receivers
Thanks for a speedy response. So do I need a Spektrum with DSM transmitter to ovoid changing the receiver?
I would like not to do that because of possible size and mounting issues.

Upgrading to a better radio is not hard all, and mounting receivers is as simple as a piece of servo tape. The Flysky GT3B is a great radio for $45. And it can control up to 10 different RC's simply by buying a new receiver for each RC for around $10. How much is the Spectrum radio? I am betting it's more than $45.

Thanks for a speedy response. So do I need a Spektrum with DSM transmitter to ovoid changing the receiver?
I would like not to do that because of possible size and mounting issues.
I've read that the old Spektrum DX3.0 DSM transmitter is compatible with that receiver but both the transmitter and receiver are old and discontinued. You can find a DX3.0 on ebay for $50 but for $50 Id buy a Flysky GT3b like WF suggested. The receiver for the GT3b have about the same footprint as the MRX-3000 receiver and its got a lot more functionality.

I've read that the old Spektrum DX3.0 DSM transmitter is compatible with that receiver but both the transmitter and receiver are old and discontinued. You can find a DX3.0 on ebay for $50 but for $50 Id buy a Flysky GT3b like WF suggested. The receiver for the GT3b have about the same footprint as the MRX-3000 receiver and its got a lot more functionality.
Thanks for that. All the new Spektrums are DSM2 which I assume are not compatible. Losi say they do not have anything that is compatible and suggest Spektrum SLT3 and the SR315 receiver but I have not looked at prices yet. I think not cheap!
If I use the Flysky will my Losi ESC and steering servo work?

Thanks for that. All the new Spektrums are DSM2 which I assume are not compatible. Losi say they do not have anything that is compatible and suggest Spektrum SLT3 and the SR315 receiver but I have not looked at prices yet. I think not cheap!
Its $80 for that set up but that radio is no frills basic 1 model radio. Unfortunately I dont see any current Spektrum radios that are compatible with DSM.

If I use the Flysky will my Losi ESC and steering servo work?
As long as the ESC and servo use the stand 3 wire hook up then they should work just fine. IDK what voltage your LED light bars run at but if they run on the same voltage as the servo then you should be able to use the 3rd channel to control the lights.