My Latest Build;Tamiya F-104 Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrenchHead

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I got this from my wife like last year or so and it has been sitting under the desk just waiting for a reason to be built. Then I relized it was a first release F-104 Pro and figured I would save it for a rainy day. So then come the carpet track in town and I start running the F-1 class with one of my older F-103's and am happy with it but I figured it was high time to build the F-104 Pro. I have it and it would be a crime to let it sit there doing nothing but sitting there. So here we go again,yet another rig into the fleet. Well onto the pics and build work. Enjoy.l8r,w.

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

DSC03226.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03228.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

Well after opening the box and spending an hour opening bags and more bags and getting started here we go.So onto the build and some pics for you fellas.Enjoy.l8r,w.

DSC05596.jpg

DSC05597.jpg

DSC05598.jpg

DSC05599.jpg

DSC05600.jpg

DSC05601.jpg

DSC05602.jpg

DSC05603.jpg

Hey All; So I have been workibg away on the F-1 project and have been slacking on updating some pics for the thread. My Badd. Sorry Fellas.lol Well I got the chassis finished and some loose ends and have gotten the body painted up as well. I will be finishing the detail work this weeken and getting it ready to race for our next onroad race in 2 weeks as well as the pionts series starting at the end of the month. So here are the pics to hold you over.l8r,w.

Chassis finished up.

DSC05605.jpg

Body panels cut and cleaned,Ready for some paint workx.

DSC05604.jpg

Not my color but it is the way it came out the can.Oh well live and learn.At least F-1 bodies are cheep if I need a new one.

DSC05606.jpg

Side pods I decided to paint them but hold off on running them for now.May do a test and tune with and without one practice day.

DSC05607.jpg

Body mounted up for a mock up and finish trimming.

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

DSC05610.jpg

That thing is sweet Wrench. I always wanted to do an F1 car, even if just sat on a shelf. Oh God, did I say that, don't tell Rolex.

If only, if ONLY there was a carpeted track anywhere within a one hour drive from here I'd be all over those cars. That's racing in it's truest form.
Besides, I don't have room for any more shelving. :LoL::thumbup:

So I have just about finished it all up. Will be hitting the track in a few weeks since we move to offroad this upcoming week and then I have an offroad JConcepts SuperCup race next wekend in WPB. Got a ton of detail work done today since it was all cold and windy here. So here are the pics of it ready for action.l8r,w.

Yes I plan to tear up some track action with it. And yes there are a few (dozen) F-1's hanging around the build shop.he he he, been at this way to long.lol
Alway room for more shelving. Worst case start hanging them from the ceiling. ha ha ha ha :)

Tire and rim detail work.
DSC05612.jpg

Lil Driver dude and cockpit details done as well.
DSC05614.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

DSC05624.jpg

DSC05623.jpg

And the chassis work and body work all finished as well asbench tested and runs great. Just need to finish the radio setup and it will hit the carpet ASAP.

DSC05613.jpg

DSC05617.jpg

And the Finished Product.

DSC05618.jpg

DSC05621.jpg

DSC05620.jpg

DSC05619.jpg

This is making me sick. Between this one and the one lessen painted and built, I'm having a tough time avoiding one.
Even if I can't find a track, I'm sure I can find the perfect shelf for it.

My Goodness,that thing is SWEET!!!!!

Back