My first attempt at a track design

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is only my opinion but I've always felt that the standard is too big. 10-12 ft. lanes seems to be the norm but I think that's too wide. It makes passing too easy. Now I can understand big lanes at club races because you have racers of all skill levels and rookies aren't going to be able to get around a narrow track very well, if at all. But for my own personal track I would choose to narrow it up, making passing an artform as it should be and challenging myself to concentrate on the line even more. If you get used to running a 1/8 scale buggy in a 6 or 8 ft. lane you'll be smoking the competition when you go to the local club races.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will think about what you have said and do the I can to implement it. You guys have brought up a lot of great points. THank you.

Hey Rolex... are you saying instead of having the two lanes snake through the middle, have just one straight right through instead? I like it! Less complicated to build and it adds a great speed sections.

Tom

I've always liked a good long straightaway. The temptation to pass and still concentrate on coming out on the end makes for some great slides.

I've always liked a good long straightaway. The temptation to pass and still concentrate on coming out on the end makes for some great slides.

Agreed!

Back