My favorite hobby shop is moving.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I am kinda hearing rumors and some un verified gossip but there is a really good hobby shop that I mail order from because they are just a little farther away than I feel like driving. I was in the neighborhood and looking for Brass stuff. So I stopped in and started talking to them.

This place is packed solid with inventory and it’s like a house / office building the use. They been there for years. Great people really good to shop there. Turns out they are moving not far like less than 20 miles away from me.
They are moving to a huge space with a warehouse and they are going to build a carpet race track and a rock crawler course with 1/24 scale features and 1/10 scale. All indoor!!
It’s winter cold here for six months. This is going to be so much fun.

They got any old Duratrax Nitro Models and/or parts?

Nice. My main hobby shop of 10 years upped and moved. I pulled up to an empty store. Hobby town, the other hobby store moved twice on me. The same store. Twice pull up and the building is empty. 😁😂

Due to that and being 30-50 minutes one way, I just order online mostly.
They got any old Hpi Nitro Rs4 parts or nitro stampede chassis?
Agree. 🤣

My closest hobby shop is 4 hrs away 😔

Nice they are moving closer to you.. post a link so some of use can give them some business the carpet track should be a exciting track in the winter as long as they dont allow traction compound.. raced at a few over my years no minipins or traction c allowed..

I am kinda hearing rumors and some un verified gossip but there is a really good hobby shop that I mail order from because they are just a little farther away than I feel like driving. I was in the neighborhood and looking for Brass stuff. So I stopped in and started talking to them.

This place is packed solid with inventory and it’s like a house / office building the use. They been there for years. Great people really good to shop there. Turns out they are moving not far like less than 20 miles away from me.
They are moving to a huge space with a warehouse and they are going to build a carpet race track and a rock crawler course with 1/24 scale features and 1/10 scale. All indoor!!
What city are they moving to? Do they have a website?

@Iowa crawler Where's this place at? I'm in Council Bluffs, I have a few hobby towns in Omaha I frequent, closes one being the big hobby plex with indoor tracks and outdoor crawling. Pretty cool place if ever in town.

You should see if you can volunteer some time to help build the course and track. That would be a kick in the arse.

I’m now working in the area and I’ll stop in and get some real info and see if they are ready for announcements. I’m super excited to have an indoor track that is open all the time . That would be crazy

Stopped in the hobby shop today and talked about all the stuff they got going on.

Crash and Bash Hobbies is the shop. Great bunch of guys with a ton of helpful knowledge and an unbelievable inventory. I don’t know how they are going to move but they don’t seem too worried.

They are still planning but the have interest and room for a carpet road track and a buggy corse. And I think they already have a Mini Z track.
They are definitely building a 1/24 scale and 1/10 scale indoor crawling corse. I can’t believe they are moving less than a half hour drive away from me.

Ya probably right about that

Attachments

• 65D42A6D-8D78-49AD-B0E5-AB2737050934.jpeg
    65D42A6D-8D78-49AD-B0E5-AB2737050934.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 27
I stopped by the hobby shop today to check out the new location. I got a mini tour and I am super excited. Come on winter !! Just kidding.
But the place is amazing. A giant space for all sorts of activities. I am really looking at mini-z racing. And I am definitely going to be racing my buggy.
They have a mini z track already and are over the next couple months they should be getting ready for indoor racing. Research is cheap. And I can spend a lot of time just learning the in’s and out’s.

Wednesday night get together to build a huge indoor crawling corse. A giant U shape about 50 feet x 8 feet wide platforms going six feet high three levels 1/10 and 1/24 scale.

Attachments

• 90FDB27D-5074-4C59-8996-385EF1583CC6.jpeg
    90FDB27D-5074-4C59-8996-385EF1583CC6.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 33
Had to update this thread. The hobby shop has been working very hard to build this indoor crawling course. It’s not finished but it’s looking awesome so far. There is a water feature going in and lots more. I stopped in and ran my Toyota hard body G Speed rig. It had Treal AR45s and does pretty well outdoors. It was having a fun time exploring this new place. The beginning bridge is the old Bridge of Doom from my back yard.

Back