my esc is cutting out randomley

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbeef

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
so my hobbywing max 10 80amps is cutting out while i am driving when it cuts out i jumps back in in a few seconds but when it is cut out the esc is blinking red and slow i am running a 7,4 volt nimh battery and i ask you guys for help thx

greetings david

Are you sure it's programmed to accept the NiMh battery?

Are you sure it's programmed to accept the NiMh battery?

i bought it new with a nihm battery and it drives for 30 seconds before it hapens but maybe it could be the problem how do i program it for the nihm

This is a job for Google. I'm sure you will find the instruction manual on there.

This is a job for Google. I'm sure you will find the instruction manual on there.

idk i need an esc programmer for that too but it must work with the nihm

but i think it has to do with the low voltage cutoff becaus when it cuts out the servo stil works and the red liht is blinking slow that means the battery is low on power but i have used multiple nihm batterys so its not the battery

I had the same issue recently and for some strange reason it changed from Lipo to Nimh and once I changed it back with the program card, its back to working perfectly.

I had the same issue recently and for some strange reason it changed from Lipo to Nimh and once I changed it back with the program card, its back to working perfectly.

ok thanks maybe i wil order one soon but mayby if i switch to lipo batterys instead of nihm the problem can be fixed i needed more power anyways so i wil buy a 3s lipo i think wil it work correctly then?

Lipo is always good as long as the esc is rated for it and in this case being a Max10 using 3s it is. I can't be sure that it will fix the issue but its always good to have a program card. You can set up everything that way. I never run mine with out programing it first.
On the safe side I would make sure your car can handle the 3s as well. I have a Arrma Typhon Mega that if i would have ran 3s it would have destroyed a bunch of stuff. So I upgraded before I did and it can now handle 4s.

what kind of car is it?

its an hsp flying fish with an Hobby Wing 3652SL 4000 kV brushless motor and a Hobby Wing WP-MAX10-SCT i had a special offer because it came with an better motor and an 80 amp esc istead of the 50 amp esc

Lipo is always good as long as the esc is rated for it and in this case being a Max10 using 3s it is. I can't be sure that it will fix the issue but its always good to have a program card. You can set up everything that way. I never run mine with out programing it first.
On the safe side I would make sure your car can handle the 3s as well. I have a Arrma Typhon Mega that if i would have ran 3s it would have destroyed a bunch of stuff. So I upgraded before I did and it can now handle 4s.

thanks i wil buy a 3 s lipo i think and when its not fixed i wil go to my hobby shop i think they can sort it out

dont run a 3 cell on that 4000kv... you will have more problems if you do and it wont be lvc cutoff ...get a 2 cell lipo charge corretly.store at storage voltage .....3 cells is to much voltage for that 4000kv motor.

dont run a 3 cell on that 4000kv... you will have more problems if you do and it wont be lvc cutoff ...get a 2 cell lipo charge corretly.store at storage voltage .....3 cells is to much voltage for that 4000kv motor.

Thanks but a 2 cell lipo is the same voltage as the 7,4 volt nihm so it would cut out the same right

Not necessarily. Some 4600kV motors are rated up to 3s like some of the Castle Creations motors. It depends on what the mfr rates it at.

Guys i just ran it on 3s and hell that thing is fast my speed gps says 61mph and it does not cut out but stil is there a way of changing it to nihm without buying a program card?