My eBuggy for this season....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So the 808E isn't officially out yet....so I built my own out of an 09 Spec 808 Buggy ;-) Yes that is a Traxxas Slash Radio Bx mounted on top of the center diff. I didn;t want to leave my RX and Transponder in harms way with just servo tape....so figured I'd try this route. Antenna is in the middle of the roof....so we'll have to see how it plays out!

P3190041.jpg

P3190043.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good bro.

Lookin reaaaallly good! Man, I can't wait to get the 8E up and running this season, after the little battery mishap, lol!

She ran AWESOME at the first race...minus a little snafu with the switch. I think I'm going to pull it off before the next race to avoid it happening again. 2nd in my first Qual....last in my second (switch issue) and a 7th in the main. Not as high as I had hoped...but we have some FAAAAST eBuggy drivers.

Yes you guys do....buggy looks great! You could heat your antenna tube with a lighter and bend it to sit under the body. I've done that with Speks and my Futaba 2.4's. No range issues.

I was thinking about that...since after 1 race....and sitting in my Dialed Inc bag...it's already bent in the wrong direction. I only have maybe 1.5" between the body and the antenna mount though. So it would have to be a SERIOUS bend. My guess is the tube will snap if I try to bend it that far?

I think I need to go down 1 tooth on the Pinion though. It was temping @ 175-180 when I got off from a 12 min main. I think that's a tad hot?

i just let my antenae just flex under the body when I put it on.....it keeps the tube like a spring against the top of the body....never had any issues doing it like that.....another trick is like this on my TC4

TC4009.jpg

just use servo tape, hole reamer and leftover body scraps...the plastic just flexes as needed...this is an older pic so the FM RX had a longer antenae.....my newer version is alot shorter...

From your pics, you should be able to cut your antenna tube down to about 1/2" long and let the antenna itself run wild under your lid. It should stick straight up out of the tube and when you put the body on it will bend over and ride against the underside of the lid.

This is the way I do it and I have never had a problem.

I actually just bent the antenna tube and hooked it on my battery tray for a few days. Now it has a perma bend in it ;-) So I think I'm good for the moment! Leaving it out on top was a bad idea anyway since it bent on race Day #1. So I'd rather have it protected under the body.

Now on to find out what gearing works best!