My E Revo gets some Proline Trencher Xs’

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good?

Now of course the beautiful mxl 6s is definitely an eye catcher but holy crap these tires are HUGE! Much bigger than stock but still much lighter! It’s a shame i still need to keep it parked as a receiver short gave my mxl’s BEC a fatal error and if not addressed it’ll take out the whole esc! :(
I’ll have to remove my mxl’s red receiver wire and make sure to never use the BEC again. A CC BEC is on its way though.

I have the standard width 3.8's on my erbe. They are heavier than stock talons. Stock talons are 9.1oz, 3.8" trenchers are 13.4oz.

At first, I was pulling shock ends off the rear, so I made limiter cables. Has been fine since.

Ah, that’s where we differ. The Trencher xs’ are lighter than the trenchers

Ah, that’s where we differ. The Trencher xs’ are lighter than the trenchers
Really? I would expect them to be the same, or very close. They are wider than the normal 3.8's, which I had assumed would add back any weight the shorter sidewall would take away. Any idea what they weigh?

Nope. But my stock tires are lot heavier!

That's hard for me to understand. The stock revo talons are 9.1oz each. Really curious what the 3.8X's weigh now! LOL!
Oh now that’s where you and me are screwed up. The talons are the garbage good for nothing tires on the old (arguably good for nothing) e revo. I’m talking about the talon EXT’s on the new revo.

Oh now that’s where you and me are screwed up. The talons are the garbage good for nothing tires on the old (arguably good for nothing) e revo. I’m talking about the talon EXT’s on the new revo.
Ah. Ok. I don't have any of the latest talon ext tires/wheels.

The talons from my ERBEv1 were never used and those were what I weighed. I took them off and put something else on out of the box because they tend to not grip on anything and just tear the sidewalls out. So, I keep them on a shelf as back ups in case I blow out a tire I don't have an immediate backup for. Then I can switch over to them for all 4 while I wait for new tires to show up.

Back