My custom Losi LST2..........

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootleg80

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First post here! After getting back into the RC hobby after some years, it's taken me a bit of time to find a decent 1/8 Truck that didn't make me want to turn it into a flamethrower. The easy option was to buy a Savage, but they just don't do it for me. I'm not knocking HPI as they are good trucks, but the LST2 is such a damn good unit! It's robust, fast and it looks sweet - it's got a wide stance and takes some serious abuse. Plus not everyone has one, and i like to be a little different. Okay, so i can't just stroll into my local Model store and expect Losi parts off the shelf, but i've found a great online supplier in the UK which gets me my parts really quick and cheaply.
I don't race (yet), but get out every Sunday to unleash the beast onto rural England and tear up the countryside with my Bro's.
Have added the following mod's:
1) TiNi Spur Gear's and Pinion Gear - Bulletproof
2) Forward only conversion kit
3) Integy front & rear bumpers (i know the Ally bit's add a little bit of weight but it's alot easier to carry when holding the car by it's bumpers if i'm trekking through the woodland looking for a decent spot to play). They also look nice, which helps!
4) Integy Front & Rear skid plates
4) Losi black springs. Tougher ride & better handling, doesn't wallow as much (not that it did much in the first place) + the black coils look better
5) Drilled & Vented disks with Carbon Fibre pads (Crazy Nut Racing)
6) Dyed Losi dish rims black (i think they look much better)
7) HPI Dodge Charger shell with Losi graphics. Relevant cut outs to enable me to re-fuel & start without removal of the body.

Not sure what to do with her next. Think i will reduce the weight, upgrade the clutch, stick a .32 in it and try to get 50mph out of her.

Attachments

• DSCF0558.JPG
    DSCF0558.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCF0556.JPG
    DSCF0556.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF0557.JPG
    DSCF0557.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 451
How about some pics with the lid off so we can see the hardware?

Sweetdiesel, will sort some more internal pics out this weekend. Nothing too major going on under the shell. Not yet anyway.......

How do you find brushless? Been really tempted with a conversion, but have been put off by the cost of the Lith batteries.

Do you recommend??

How do you find brushless? Been really tempted with a conversion, but have been put off by the cost of the Lith batteries.

Do you recommend??

I highly recommend it. It's a whole different animal compared to nitro. It's clean, quiet, and the instant torque is unlike anything I've experienced in nitro.

I still enjoy nitro cars, but in my area it is tough to find a place to run them without having people complain about the noise.

I recommend you look up Fine Designs LST2 conversion. It's pricey. but word is it's great quality.

nice , am loving the rims. hows the crazy nut brakes working for ya?

Does the charger body fit right on

Would like to put a charger body on mine two, but wasn't sure if would fit. did you have to modify the mount setup. If you dont mind telling me where to get one to. Thanks