My Associated MGT collection

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got them all mostly together. just waiting on an engine to come, and servos for 2 of them. then i need to do some alignments.

Attachments

• IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5648.JPG
    420.7 KB · Views: 141
As a Traxxas man, let me just say, that is super bad ass! I hope my army of Traxxas can be in alliance with your army, because my army of 3 pales in comparison. Even with my 2 boats, still hoping you're on my side. H

As a Traxxas man, let me just say, that is super bad ass! I hope my army of Traxxas can be in alliance with your army, because my army of 3 pales in comparison. Even with my 2 boats, still hoping you're on my side. H
I got your back man. I have traxxas too.lol

look what came in the mail. it popped up on eBay and i just had to have it. brand new 8.0

Attachments

• IMG_7273.jpeg
    IMG_7273.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 134
Haha saw that come up in there, was a really nice 4.6 with power strokes and some 40 series big Joe's for awhile was under 100$

Haha saw that come up in there, was a really nice 4.6 with power strokes and some 40 series big Joe's for awhile was under 100$
yes i saw that one. i put a bid in on it, it went for 128.00. i spoke with that guy i was gonna get it for 100 bucks. but he couldn't figure out how to end the auction. he lives 15 minutes away from me.oh well.

yes i saw that one. i put a bid in on it, it went for 128.00. i spoke with that guy i was gonna get it for 100 bucks. but he couldn't figure out how to end the auction. he lives 15 minutes away from me.oh well.
Ahh I stopped looking at it because I was too tempted to throw an offer at it lol love those power stroke shocks and getting hard to find.

yeah i had em years ago. they were good. i need forward only kits now. can't find them anywhere.

Proline power strokes? Got a set on my 2wd Rustler. (And a rebuild kit) The kid at RC Cars of Boston has them. About $50 a pair. Not sure what you are trying to fit though.

Proline power strokes? Got a set on my 2wd Rustler. (And a rebuild kit) The kid at RC Cars of Boston has them. About $50 a pair. Not sure what you are trying to fit though.
proline mad them for the tmaxx 15 plus yrs ago. not anymore, the new power strokes aren't even close. these are them

Attachments

• proline-powerstroke-shocks-maxx-maxx_1_2a4f3920530306c8669fc10e41e5cf42.jpg
    proline-powerstroke-shocks-maxx-maxx_1_2a4f3920530306c8669fc10e41e5cf42.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 127
my set lol

Attachments

• accessories.jpg
    accessories.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Cleaned -2.jpg
    Cleaned -2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 131
Thank you, Sorry, I thought I might have had an answer there. I bought mine 2 years ago, must be the newbies. I'll still speak up if I think I have something.

Thank you, Sorry, I thought I might have had an answer there. I bought mine 2 years ago, must be the newbies. I'll still speak up if I think I have something.
its not a problem! alot of people dont know about them as they stopped making them right about 13 years ago give or take? i did post a thread over in the suspension section that has all the part numbers regarding the old ones springs, rebuild kits etc.

the new ones do work on T-maxxes, and given that should also work on our MGT's i do not know about spring weight though dont think they go heavy enough. also the new ones do not come with the reservoir/bypass shock either, those were the other half of the shocks innovation, that shock above with no spring on it and kind of a ridged exterior has interior ports to bypass shock fluid through. and the ports range in size to bypass progressively.
insane amount of research went into them.

What I do know is that they cost more than the shocks for my 1:1 car. I actually fit a racing set of springs on my set. I honed out the bottom of the strut seat to make them work. I also indexed the coil over adjustment wheel. I, II, III, IIII, so I can turn it a Quarter turn at a time and count easily. I'll show you, when I photograph and put my rigs to a thread. I used the springs from that Power Stroke set on my stock Stampede 4x4.
I think the term for the bypass shock absorber you are describing is called "piggy back" shocks. Thanks again for your kindness. H