Must have gotten a junk battery?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought a racer's edge 1600 mah battery for my revo and the traxxas charger will not get past trickle. It trickled all night still nothing. Should I cut the battery open and check the connections?

Just bring it back and get a new one. If you cut it open and it still dosent work the store will most likely not let you return it.

I got it on ebay it's a pain in the ass to return it.

Well I dissected it, everything looks ok I guess I'll just keep trying it til it works. I've run traxxas 5 cells dead before and they trickled for a while before going to fast charge. I know the charger's ok.

How many volts is it putting out? Stick the prongs in the connector and wiggle the cells around to see if the voltage jumps around. 6 cells should not be below 5.4 volts, or you could have a dead cell or it's been dumped way too far.

I's brand new it came totally dead. Also it sat in my mailbox for a few hours, but I don't think it matters if it gets cold, does it? I've seen totally dead batteries resist charging before, but this is ridiculous.

Well I got it to work. I wanted a charger that ran on 12 volts anyway so I got a dynamite pit peak and the battery will charge now. It's gonna be an electrical tape special but oh well, I'll never see it in a revo.

I was going to say that Traxxas charger is junk anyways. you need at least 1 amp to charge a rx pack fully.

I was going to say that Traxxas charger is junk anyways. you need at least 1 amp to charge a rx pack fully.

I was wondering about that after I saw a huge improvement in the old traxxas pack. It's probably had hundreds of charges but never moved my servos faster than it did after a good charge.

Back