mugen shoes on storm flywheel fit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i want to run the mugen shoes on my new mill. The mugen flywheel cost $20 and i dont want to order it if i dont have to...so I'm wondering....if the mugen alum 3 shoes will work with the storm RTR flywheel? It should right?....being the flywheel has three prongs. Id like to keep the extra money for something else.

Also..i saw where ofna makes a nice filter comparable to that of the motorsaver. I can't find it on Tower Hobbies....do they sell it? I know nitrohouse does but i dont wanna have to split my order up if TH carries it. I forgot the part # for the filter.

It should work ok, I'm pretty sure the "prongs" on the mugen flywheel are shorter than most, so if you were using a mugen flywheel and storm shoes you'd possibly have an issue with the shoes overhanging the end of the prongs but seeing as you're doing it the other way round (storm flywheel and mugen shoes) I think you'll be ok.

Having said that I always prefer to have a one make set-up to be safe and know that you don't have to worry about any issues like compatability (sp?) For an extra $20 why not get the mugen one and not have to worry about it?

yeah thats what i will do..go with all the same set up.....good idea

Does mugen make a collet nut for their flywheel? I've searched tower and havent found one. i dunno..maybe I'm not typing in the right kewords.

Thats the only thing i lack...if they make one...i will order it....who else may have it?

oh, i found that one..I'm referring to the collet nut...the one that the flywheel connects to

In between the engine and the flywheel.....