MP9e EVO V2 RTR question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnfrmcal

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting into Offroad buggies. I prefer all things nitro, but I want to be able to practice locally and the only tracks that run nitro are 2+ hours away. I bought the MP9 TKI4 V2 nitro readyset so I could spend time burning laps and learning to drive rather than build, I can build a top-notch kit later after I'm pushing everything the readyset has to offer.

Now I want an electric setup because there's a track much closer that I can practice/race at, but it's electric-only. I was thinking of getting the MP9e EVO V2 since it's basically the same car as the nitro but in electric form, and I'm already familiar with the nitro version. However, I already have a radio and extra receiver which would be redundant if I bought the MP9e readyset. So really, what I'm getting in the readyset is the motor, the esc, and the steering servo. I still have to buy a battery and charger either way, readyset or kit. The question is, if the motor/esc combo were ever to be upgraded, what would be a competition-level combo that would work well in this car, and what would the price be roughly? I'm just trying to gauge spending $550 on something that, if I were to upgrade the motor and esc, would really only be gaining me a steering servo, vs buying a kit and then buying the rest of the electrics to complete it.

The readyset is probably plenty for me at this stage of the game, but at $550 for the readyset, it's only $130 more for the MP10 kit. IF I entertained upgrading the motor and esc in the readyset, then $130 bucks more for the MP10 starts to sound like chump change and I should probably go the kit route.

Looking for thoughts from those more experienced than myself.