Motor temp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

James nichols

RCNT Member
Unfortunately I'd have to use private areas to do that lol. I've got a bunch of nerve damage throughout my body and don't have feeling so that method wont work. I use a temp gun to judge heat so om looking for actual temperatures

BobP

RCNT Talkaholic
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
The ESC should shut down at around 200 so a safe temp would be below that if I used a temp gun I'd shutdown at 165 for elec. If your running hot you may consider dropping 2 teeth in your pinion gear. and please for all involved DON'T use private parts on the track;)

Arrmajunk

RCNT Member
What is safe motor temp? When should I let it cool before running again?
I’ve got a temp checker I used for nitro rc, I think around 60•c is about the highest you want to be at you could try Gearing down May help ? I've just procured a Losi scbe last time I bought and sold it it had the dynamite fuse motor which got hot. I bought this as a roller and shoved a surpass hobby 4300, but it whipping the Arse out of the battery run time running 16t pinion I gone down to 14t it seems to running a bit longer. And cooler .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Short Course Trucks 2
1 Traxxas T-Maxx 17
hulkmaxx Scale RC 11
F Nitro RC 6