motor for losi 8ight t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king_woody

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a losi 8ight t 3.0 from my bubby with a losi 454 motor in it. He got the motor from some guy so I have no clue how many gallons were ran threw it or if he even broke it in right at all. I am just looking for a new motor and wondering what alot of you were running in yours. I don't race but would like to race some day. For right now I bash a little, but most of the timd I run on grass or pavement. I would like to get a motor that has more of a run time I only get like 8 minute's right now. So if u could help and give me advice on what to get I would appreciate that very much.

The 454 is a decent engine,..is the engine shot?..they can be had for a really decent price bnib,a worn p/s will cause added fuel consumption, tuning will also

I don't think the motor is shot. I have tuned and running about 210 to 220 degrees. I was just hoping to down grade to like a .21 motor.

Ah I see, if u want quality go with a nova, picco, os....on a budget I've always liked the force engines

I don't have a budget so I was thinking a nova .21. I forgot about os motors

So what nova motor is a good one to get.

If you have little or no experience with Nitro and just want to bash, use the 454 until you want more.

If you are bashing and want a good engine, try an OS .28xz (crazy power).

If you want to try racing, the OS .28xz is going to be too much engine to handle when you first start off - try an OS XZ-B V-II (great value - great engine)

If you are prepared to spend a little bit more, get a OS XZ-B Spec II Speed . . . or a Protek Samurai 321B.

These OS engine ARE NOT a step down from a 454/LRP .28 - these .21 OS engines will absolutely smoke a 454!

(Match the OS engines with a OS 2060 or 2090 pipe)

take Novarossi mugen beat5 its cheap and good power. Or Picco P6 more cheaper with a good quality.

I will look into them still can't figure out what I really want

Well I was gonna recommend a Picco .28 but I just discovered theyve been discontinued while I've been taking a hiatus.

I'm on board with the 454! Its a great motor for bashing and givin a good tune on it, it is really quick!