More xs3 ?'s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arawak420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
jr xs3 rs300 receiver limiter.

i found some info out about thiese receivers that i wasn't aware of. I'm using digital servos, and didn't know they made sounds while trying to center themselves.

i just wanted to let anyone out here that is using these receivers with a 5 cell 6v hump pack that in order to get 6volts to the receiver you must use one of the channels as the battery slot is limited to 4.8volts. if you plug the battery in one of the channels (i used channel 3) you can bypass the limiter and get 6v out of your system i believe the receiver can handle up to 8.4v as the manual states. i did it today and now the 6v i thought i was getting i am getting now. the wheels turn completely with the truck sitting still. you'll have to leave the battery slot empty.

Last edited:
Does that limit apply to the rs310??

adrian

Arawak, I'm not doubting you man, I just have never heard of this, I couldn't come up with any more info using the search, and i guess it doesn't make sence to me.

Bump this up.....More info, comments, etc.

Come on let's fire up the RCNT knowledge machine and get more input to this subject that I find quite interesting.

Mr T

Any more information about this??

I went to the LHS today and held a JR XS3 pro. I am thinking about going down that road.

thanks
adrian

I have not heard of this myself. I am curious as to how you got your info. Please elaborate to make this more of a solid find.

Did anyone find out if this was true or not?
I really want to know because I am planning on getting the xs3 pro sometime soon.
thanks,
adrian

I know that whatever associated has in the MGT is the same kind of thing. To get the 6v's out of the pack you have to use a channel instead of the battery slot.

what about the tmaxx... if i get a 5 cell, does it work with the stock receiver in the batt jack??

thanks,
adrian

olds97_lss said:
I know that whatever associated has in the MGT is the same kind of thing. To get the 6v's out of the pack you have to use a channel instead of the battery slot.
Has this been proven? I know that in my old MGT the receiver was lame as the Batt slot didn't allow the full potential of the battery to be used . There was some sort of a BEC circuitry that caused this. I plugged my battery in to the "AUX" slot and that was cured. Has anyone got this proved?

The 310 receiver does not have BEC (battery eliminating circuitry).
I downloaded the JRxs3 pro manual.
It does say the 300 has BEC.
So, apparently, 5 cell packs are not a problem for the new receiver.