More upgrading!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just ordered the Golden Horizon's front blue anodized bulkhead. It looks pretty sweet! I like Gh parts but i originally wanted to order the flm bulk but my lhs told me that trying to get flm where we are here would take forever. So i tried to get the Strc bulk and again they told me that the Strc bulks are on backorder for months. So i decided to just go with the gh. I'm not sure how i feel about the bulk coming in two pieces but I'm sure it will work great all the same.
eqapeja8.jpg

I also repainted the body just for fun. I was getting tired of the orange coloring.
ezyzate9.jpg
umury9en.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine it will work ok but I'm with you. the fact that is 2 pieces does seem a little odd to me. I got a bulkhead from Dynamite. I like it a lot.

And there is no reason that i can see why they would do it that way either. Any which way i look at it is that it will be much better than stock. As long as its not integy!

A quick update:

I finally got my Gh front bulkhead in along with a few other parts.
a4y4uqys.jpg

I ended up having to disassemble the whole front end....was thinking it would just slide into place. Keep dreaming right? This is RC after all! The Gh bulk is really nice i have to say. I was a bit skeptical about it coming in 2 pieces but i found out that the top half that attaches to the chassis has 2 small humps that fit into opposing wholes on the bottom half. So it still makes for a super solid bulkhead.

7e8y2azu.jpg
a3apy3av.jpg
6a7e7u6y.jpg
pyqazahu.jpg
uhyqu9eq.jpg
senasyne.jpg
je2y4u6e.jpg
e4a9u6uh.jpg
araje2a8.jpg

I also went ahead and installed a 6 inch futaba J servo extension and hid the servo wire under the battery. I dremelled a hole in the bottom of the esc mounting plate to feed the extension wire through. I also made the esc screw hold downs larger and used a larger hex screw to hold down the esc. Only reason i did that is cus i HATE philips head screws...with a passion!
muhyhape.jpg
u3uhe6ar.jpg
yhy2uqym.jpg
dutuhe2e.jpg

Back