More issues with my truck.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_Newb

Devil without a clue
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Alright so I put my HPI clutch on my 454, and the spring looks way too big. I can hear it touching the bell. Is this good or bad?

Also, Huge mounting problems on the 454 its self. The rear plate hangs down much lower on the losi than the HPI, so I had to do a couple of things to it. I had to grind the corners of the 454 to clear as much as possible, and I had to use pennies as shims on each side of the motor. However this took all adjustment out of the motor, and the gears seems to be meshing maybe a bit too tight. Any suggestions?

change to smaller clutch bell?

---------- Post added at 6:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

or smaller spur, what ever is easy? at least thats how I'm reading ur question... :p

More interest in making it so that I don't have to use pennies for spacers lol. Also, my big concern is the spring rubbing against the clutch bell.

Pictures would be your biggest asset for getting help on these problems.

Ok, I got some things sorted out. I cut the clutch spring shorter so that its tight and fits in the clutch better, seems to work well. Then, I put a slot in my chassis for the back plate of the engine to sit through. Engine now sits perfect and is fully adjustable. I ran 4 tanks through it at idle, letting it cool after each run. Then I ran 2 tanks through it at factory settings, taking things very easy. Then as I started to tune it, it started acting up a bit. It idles fine, but when I try and get it into higher rpms it instantly stalls. Any ideas? Too rich, too lean, something else?