More help needed with Nitro 18ss

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardLongley

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
After help from this forum to get me started, I hoipe you can help again.

When I went to run my new truckat full speed, I found it was stalling. I had read that this was due to the engine running too lean. This was surprising as it was set at 2 and 1/2 turns out.

I turned it out to be richer, and it ran better. After a short time however, as I spun it, the revs picked up significantly, and the car was not moving. The gears / clutch were only engaging slightly, even when the revs were put up high.

Maybe significantly - when I went to stall the engine, by putting my finger over the exhaust, it carried on running. I had to put a kink in the fuel feed to stall it,,,,,,,,

what have I done???

Sounds like your either running way lean or you have air leaks. Check your exhaust coupling and see if you broke it. As for your clutch, you'll need to pull your engine and check it out. I did'nt like the factory clutch so I used one from a rtr MT2 and it works great. Do you have any idea what the temps are getting to?

Sounds like your either running way lean or you have air leaks. Check your exhaust coupling and see if you broke it. As for your clutch, you'll need to pull your engine and check it out. I did'nt like the factory clutch so I used one from a rtr MT2 and it works great. Do you have any idea what the temps are getting to?

no idea what the temps are.

It was running ok, before somehing changed,, and air getting in made me think maybe that is why the exhaust being sealed didnt stall it,,,,,, air must be getting out somewhere for it to carry on running - I will check the exhaust coupling.

Check your coupler and the hose that goes from the exhaust to the tank

Might want to check your manifold. Make sure that where the manifold is screwed into the engine that it is still nice and secure. Also make sure that you have a gasket on there. Check all your fuel lines and make sure there is no cuts or holes any any of the. When you start your engine, is the air bubbles by the carb?