Monstor Truck Vs Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've read alot of forums lately about monster trucks and buggies and other RCs and how they compare. So this will be a thread to discuss views of monster trucks and buggies likes,dislikes,positives and negitives. **Mods, if this a a repost feal free to delete it**

Okay, Well I'll take the first shot.

I started into RCs with a Storm. Its my baby and wouldnt trade it for nothign at the moment. As my RC trip grew I've drove quite a few diffrent RCs. I feal like I'm taste testing foods. My dad did a little wheelin and dealin and got a T-Maxx 2.5 for his X-Terminator RTR straight up. Well I was out in the yard the other day, playing with it trying to learnt he control because it will end up being my back up when I break the Storm as I always do, and I was just not impressed with how they handle of feal. It seemed to flip really easy, and not turn to sharp. I know its a truck but still the steering really made me angry how it turned so wide. Everyone has told me how their Savage or Tmaxx would kill my Storm. With a .25 a two speed 4wd, it made sense but when the lap and the drag raceing started the buggy just dominated. It turned better, more controllable, more planted to the ground. When we would basg bash is when the monster truck really gave the buggies a run for their money.

On the jumps it seems the buggys were shooting for something and the trucks just fiddlesticking went crazy high. The ground clearence make a huge diffrence bashing. Makes me wanna but some longer shocks on the buggy now. The beggest problems with the buggy was getting stuck because of ground clearance and the biggest prob with the trucks was with flipping.

The best way I can describe it is, Buggys are made for speed, agility, and handling. Trucks are made to be jumped, bashed, rolled and put threw some hell. For any MT owner who hasnt drove a buggy, please do you might find a quality that feals familiar with a diffrent spice, open to thign ur truck couldnt do. Buggy guys who havent dorve a truck. Do so aswell. You may be wanting to jump some things you knew the buggy just couldnt handle, like say a really high launch.

With that I'll leave you to post your own comments.

You just summed up why I own both. A Storm and a Savage.

The Storm is for speed on nice groomed surfaces. It's hella-fast with my Hyper-8.
The Savage is for beating-on, jumping, all-terrain madness. The SS is pleny of fun for me. It gets the most throttle time from me.

IMO if you're just screwing around, get a MT and an 1/8 buggy and that's all you need.
With the MT you get an awesome all terrain machine.
With the buggy you get a fast as hell ride that can run off road and on road and jump.
Anything else you get like a stadium tuck or touring car is just an extra.

I can't make up my mind if I want to get a buggy or an emaxx. What to do, what to do.

Ok Gutter, the E is going on eBay!!

As easy as it is to smoke the MT's on the track with my Storm, I have to admit that nothing looks cooler than an MT coming off a jump.

Sorry about that Gil, but work is sending me to New Orleans in the morning and I have to pay for everything and when I get back they reimberse me. Thats cool hope you get rid of it. Plus I know what I am wanting, and that is emaxx. Just for the simple reason, it is cheaper. Good luck in selling it if you do.:thumbup:

Originally posted by militarymaxx
As easy as it is to smoke the MT's on the track with my Storm, I have to admit that nothing looks cooler than an MT coming off a jump.
I dont know about that. Buggys are real thign so u can seem them jump and lvl out in the air and I hget pumped up everytime they do it in a video

You're right waste, now that I think about it, I get WAY more air and distance than the trucks do. Maybe it's got something to do with the large tires.

MT's flying just look cooler. Bigger tires, soft cushy suspension. Looks more 1:1 than a buggy does. But then again, I've never seen anything 1:1 that even resembled a 1/8 buggy.

Damn, I'm full of information and helpfullness today. How come the mods are just like my parents, the only time they say anything to me is when I do somethign wrong, never about anything good, lol. Hey, Jesse thanx for washing the Corvette for no reason. Oh you missed a garbage can when you took out tha trash! Lol Buggys just rule

but wait... u can just drop the trucks down a bit , and u have a truck look, and performance of a buggy(well mostly) i have added springs and shock oil (60wt) and lowered the truck until the a-arms we level, and weill it kicks ass...

Back