monster truck for my son

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon44

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all .

This year for xmas my son wants a monster truck lecky rc,has anyone got any surgestion on what car would be a great truck, it needs to be 1/10 scale,upgradable
and easy to fix when he takes it over a few jump hills, oh and be change to a car or buggy if need be cheers in advance ,price range about 100 plus .

How old is your son? I wanna get a age before I recommend brushed brushless ect.

Starter starters, stampede 2wd brushed , granite 4x2 brushed

Older and can handle speed and more reliable, stampede 4x4 VXL, hoss, granite 4x4 blx.

How old is your son? I wanna get a age before I recommend brushed brushless ect.

Older and can handle speed and more reliable, stampede 4x4 VXL, hoss, granite 4x4 bl

Older and can handle speed and more reliable, stampede 4x4 VXL, hoss, granite 4x4 blx.
he is 6 ,

yep stampede could be turned into a buggy.

oh 6 years old....

if you wanted you could put the ESC on training mode for 50% speed. it would most likly be a little too much for a 6 yr old to drive 30+ mph. trust me, i have a 7yr old sister and i would never trust her with something that fast

I'd get the starter brushed ones I recommended.
All Traxxas 2wd cars are 95 percent interchangeable and convertible

I'd get the starter brushed ones I recommended.
All Traxxas 2wd cars are 95 percent interchangeable and convertible
nah more like 110%. i just put my slash on a NITRO RUSTLER CHASSIS for petes sake. these can be legit anything.

except a plane, these would not make great planes.

or boats.

My choice would be the Stampede also. I have both the 4x4 kit version and a 2wd truck that my wife drives.
They are awesome.

nah more like 110%. i just put my slash on a NITRO RUSTLER CHASSIS for petes sake. these can be legit anything.

or boats.
has long has he can break it ,fix it, change it form bushed to bushless and upgrade it he will be one happy lad .

or boats.
True all parts are interchangeable but some parts like axles arms turnbuckles are different lengths.

yep stampede could be turned into a buggy.

oh 6 years old....

if you wanted you could put the ESC on training mode for 50% speed. it would most likly be a little too much for a 6 yr old to drive 30+ mph. trust me, i have a 7yr old sister and i would never trust her with something that fast
no that is a brillant surgestion , the truck would have to be cheaper has santa has a budget lol ,what about a ftx or mavrick are they any good for a starter?

no that is a brillant surgestion , the truck would have to be cheaper has santa has a budget lol ,what about a ftx or mavrick are they any good for a starter?
I have no experience with cheaper brands so can't tell you, but one thing I always say, if you.can find replacement parts and upgrade parts you should be fine. And a bonus if you can find those brand parts in your local hobby shop.

Last edited:
I have no experience with cheaper brands so can't tell you, but one thing I always say, if you.can find replacement parts and upgrade parts you should be fine
cheers, i think u can get loads of parts, i know there cheaper but he will have more to spend on upgrades .

once again cheers for the help, when hes older it will be worth looking into spending more cash,at the moment hes going from a 10-15 mph buggy so he needs to learn more control with a faster model.

Just FYI, an Axial SCX24 is a great little truck too.

Yea there is so many options of RC cars like crawlers monster truck short course truggy buggy 1/10 8th big scale, mini micro. So many to choose from!

Back