Monster Slash or LCG? Pros and Cons

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe being in one while its getting stoopid? I wanna drive one of them suckers! lol
I have been waiting for Kevin Talbot's 1:1 MT parts to arrive. They should be there any day. I want to watch him put that thing together in his usual hit it with a hammer style. I am really wondering if he is going to kill himself in it the way he drives his RC's.

I have been waiting for Kevin Talbot's 1:1 MT parts to arrive. They should be there any day. I want to watch him put that thing together in his usual hit it with a hammer style. I am really wondering if he is going to kill himself in it the way he drives his RC's.
I dont watch KT a bunch but I have seen the chassis and heard him talk about that project a bit. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

I dont watch KT a bunch but I have seen the chassis and heard him talk about that project a bit. I look forward to seeing the finished product!
Yeah, I don't either. I am subscribed and get notifications because he does a lot of reviews of stuff I like. I don't much care to watch him destroy his RC stuff.

Hell yeah man! Ain't nothing better than watching MT's gettin stoopid
Oh love them and the pits.. the vibration of the motors in your body.. and your ears ringing... its a great time.. wish they would bring back the car crushing through that was great...👍

Oh love them and the pits.. the vibration of the motors in your body.. and your ears ringing... its a great time.. wish they would bring back the car crushing through that was great...👍
I miss the campers they used to smash. Big obstacles on the freestyle course.

Yeah, I don't either. I am subscribed and get notifications because he does a lot of reviews of stuff I like. I don't much care to watch him destroy his RC stuff.
Oh man kevT is nuts.. that's what happens when you have stupid $$.. I mean his RC line up and shop is crazy 😲😲 ... Christmas every day...all those guys he runs with are down rite nuts..he loves to send them to the MOON!! that builds going to be crazy.. he loves his power tools.. and will cut modify or upgrade anything anytime. The best was cutting the I believe new Mojave battery box.. then everyone freaked omg can't believe he did that why would you do that... he's stupid.. 💩💩 I would have done same thing it's just some plastic.. relax people... hope he puts a 5 point harness and straps in tight.. he will end up sending him self to the MOON!!!hope he has extra parts at the ready...
Maybe being in one while its getting stoopid? I wanna drive one of them suckers! lol
That would be fantastic to drive one... I would definitely want some cars to crush or some big air jumos..it would be hard to get me out..🤪😜😜🤣
I miss the campers they used to smash. Big obstacles on the freestyle course.
Oh man. When they drove rite threw them or jumped threw and the busses. The back flips and front flips or insane.. never would have thought that would be possible when I was a kid.. Everything has changed and not really in a fun good way... 😪😪

Last edited:
My slash is mostly stock, so i want to do some more with it. The only upgrades I done to it is traxxas big bore shocks, blue aluminum shock caps. I watched some people do monster slash conversions with bigger tires and extended body mounts. If I do monster slash I will go with the traxxas talon tires, ProLine body mounts. If I do LCG slash I will get the LCG chassis kit. I want to hear some pros and cons about monster slash and LCG. I did heard that with the bigger wheels and tires you could break diffs (differentials) and I don't want to do that. Also need to trim the body but not a big deal. Also might need to change gearing. Possibly lower pinion.
Also I didn't mention this but I still have the stock titan 12t brushed motor and xl5 esc. I am still thinking about monster slash but since I am keeping the brushed system, how much power it will make with the 2.8 wheels and tires.

Also I didn't mention this but I still have the stock titan 12t brushed motor and xl5 esc. I am still thinking about monster slash but since I am keeping the brushed system, how much power it will make with the 2.8 wheels and tires.
It should be fine as the stock brushed stampede uses the same system with the 2.8 wheels. My brother in law has an xl5 stampede and I put a lipo battery in his and it's a wheelie machine. His is all stock.

It should be fine as the stock brushed stampede uses the same system with the 2.8 wheels. My brother in law has an xl5 stampede and I put a lipo battery in his and it's a wheelie machine. His is all stock.
I use 8.4v 4200 mah batteries. So I think I am good for the power.

I did choose that I am doing a monster slash. I am getting the proline body mounts. For tires duratrax MT or the proline badlands. Will my slash need a gearing change? I am still running the stock gearing. They say to lower pinion to a 15 or 14 tooth.

I did choose that I am doing a monster slash. I am getting the proline body mounts. For tires duratrax MT or the proline badlands. Will my slash need a gearing change? I am still running the stock gearing. They say to lower pinion to a 15 or 14 tooth.
If your tire size is going up a bit I would. Putting big tires on a car will put a lot if strain on the motor, so a gear change will fix that.

The Duratrax Six Packs are very similar to Badlands but cheaper so Id go that route. I agree with Fog, you'll liekly need to step the pinion down a bit.