Monster Slash or LCG? Pros and Cons

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
My slash is mostly stock, so i want to do some more with it. The only upgrades I done to it is traxxas big bore shocks, blue aluminum shock caps. I watched some people do monster slash conversions with bigger tires and extended body mounts. If I do monster slash I will go with the traxxas talon tires, ProLine body mounts. If I do LCG slash I will get the LCG chassis kit. I want to hear some pros and cons about monster slash and LCG. I did heard that with the bigger wheels and tires you could break diffs (differentials) and I don't want to do that. Also need to trim the body but not a big deal. Also might need to change gearing. Possibly lower pinion.

My slash is mostly stock, so i want to do some more with it. The only upgrades I done to it is traxxas big bore shocks, blue aluminum shock caps. I watched some people do monster slash conversions with bigger tires and extended body mounts. If I do monster slash I will go with the traxxas talon tires, ProLine body mounts. If I do LCG slash I will get the LCG chassis kit. I want to hear some pros and cons about monster slash and LCG. I did heard that with the bigger wheels and tires you could break diffs (differentials) and I don't want to do that. Also need to trim the body but not a big deal. Also might need to change gearing. Possibly lower pinion.
I don't have a Slash, but after seeing this I really want to grab one to do the LCG conversion.
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/mcallister-racing-240-1-10-vintage-modified-coupe-body/
B240_1__24306.1552579398.jpg

As far as a monster Slash goes you won't do damage to the differentials as the Slash uses the same diffs as the Stampede which runs larger tires. I've never had any diff issues with my monster Slash or my Stampede. I would avoid the Traxxas Talon tires as they suck big time, they are probably one of the worst monster truck tires available. At the very least get some Duratrax Lockup MT, Proline Mashers or Proline Badlands MX28.

I cannot comment on the LCG Slash as I have no experience with it.

I don't have a Slash, but after seeing this I really want to grab one to do the LCG conversion.
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/mcallister-racing-240-1-10-vintage-modified-coupe-body/
View attachment 130553

Note: Pictures are for illustrative purposes only. This is a clear, unpainted body only. This body does not fit a Slash or Short Course Trucks.
I've always loved the looks of those Legends cars.

As far as a monster Slash goes you won't do damage to the differentials as the Slash uses the same diffs as the Stampede which runs larger tires. I've never had any diff issues with my monster Slash or my Stampede. I would avoid the Traxxas Talon tires as they suck big time, they are probably one of the worst monster truck tires available. At the very least get some Duratrax Lockup MT, Proline Mashers or Proline Badlands MX28.

I cannot comment on the LCG Slash as I have no experience with it.

Note: Pictures are for illustrative purposes only. This is a clear, unpainted body only. This body does not fit a Slash or Short Course Trucks.
I've always loved the looks of those Legends cars.
Oh hell. My bad. I shared the wrong one. It's this one...
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/mcallister-racing-316-ascot-modified-body/
B316_4__33454.1545416943 (1).jpg

And this one...
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/mcallister-racing-310-1-8-tri-county-modified-body/
B310_3__38070.1545418639.jpg

View attachment 130553
LCG Slashs are in the top 4 or 5 platforms for no prep drag racing. Not sure thats what I would build for no prep as its a lot of work to convert them and theres plenty of other platforms out there just as good that dont require so much work to turn em in to drag cars. Absolutely love the way these look though

I totally agree with Slick, Do yourself a favor and buy one of the other tires he mentioned. The Talon tires are garbage.

Last edited:
The talons are holding up just fine.with no problems on the E/Tmaxx I just built. They haven't came unglued or ripped off "YET". Buy They are very soft tiers..They have some serious grip though thats for sure. All though I only run them in dirt. Not to much on pavement.And they were cheap got them at my local HT for under 60$ for a complete set. The pro lines are a much better tier. Just buy threw pro line direct. Another HH affiliate.

The talons are holding up just fine.with no problems on the E/Tmaxx I just built. They haven't came unglued or ripped off "YET". Buy They are very soft tiers..They have some serious grip though thats for sure. All though I only run them in dirt. Not to much on pavement.And they were cheap got them at my local HT for under 60$ for a complete set. The pro lines are a much better tier. Just buy threw pro line direct. Another HH affiliate.

The E/TMaxx Talons are different from the Stampede ones. It's not that they come unglued or rip off, it's that they do not provide very good traction on most surfaces the rubber compound is too hard.

The E/TMaxx Talons are different from the Stampede ones. It's not that they come unglued or rip off, it's that they do not provide very good traction on most surfaces the rubber compound is too hard.
Really. No 💩💩. That's interesting. You would think. That it's the same compound. In the rubber. These are super soft rubber...a little to soft.

Yeah just read pretty much any review on the Stampede and everyone complains about the tires.
Guess they use the stock maxx tires then. Because those are a harder rubber as well.

Do the monster slash. You need stampede tires, long travel suspension, and extended body mounts. It is a really good setup and I didn't name myself monster slash for nothing.
Hell yeah man... I will look it to that.. you running that on the merv platform??

We used to go to Meridian speedways in Idaho often and the Vintage Modified's were my favorite race cars.
@Kimmie28 I'm sure knows where I'm talking about.

I'm sure you could do that to a MERV but hes talkin about doing it on a slash.
I thought that's what he was talking about.. but I'm delirious right now cutting pipe in this hot 🔥 sun.. 🥵😝🤣🤣
We used to go to Meridian speedways in Idaho often and the Vintage Modified's were my favorite race cars.
@Kimmie28 I'm sure knows where I'm talking about.
You talking about dirt track racing. And the wing body racing? I got a track wall township race way. That has a dirt track. And always running and haven classic car race night and other 💩💩 going on.. I really want to go to met life stadium this weekend.. got the 1.1 MT there tonight till sunday👍👍👍

Back