Monitoring 24v system

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pocketpac

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am currently building a RC Lawnmower system and is powered by 24v and I am trying to figure out some way to monitor and send the current voltage back to my T16 running EdgeTX. I have spent a ton time time searching but can not find a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

Not familiar with that system, but the feature you're looking for is called "telemetry", I haven't watched the following video, but something like this should help you get started in the right direction, good luck!

Jumper T16 supports telemetry.
Not familiar with that system, but the feature you're looking for is called "telemetry", I haven't watched the following video, but something like this should help you get started in the right direction, good luck!

Ya, I am using telemetry for various other things, I am more asking about what module could I buy that would allow me to monitor the 24v batteries via telemetry.

This thing?
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/flvss/

I just realised this works via balance cable to monitor individual cells, not good if you're using lead batteries.

There's another one that can be set to monitor 1s, 3s or 5s for some reason...

Last edited:
Craziest damn thing to anyone in the future who may see this. I have the Sabertooth 2x25 v1 motor controller. Have had it for years from previous projects. I recently updated my Jumper T16 to the latest Edge TX (was on the latest OpenTX before) and all of a sudden I was seeing 24v telemetry like magic. After testing and trying to figure out where it was coming from it appears that the Sabertooth had the ability, undocumented, this whole time, it just took updating to the latest EdgeTX before the transmitter could understand it I guess. Huzzah problem solved!

Back