Sold / Found Modified aftershock roller for sale...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
EDITED 02/06/11: Will sell the roller on it's own for $150 shipped US.

This includes Aftershock Roller (No engine, receiver, t/b servo and receiver battery). Does not include the list of spare parts.

Original post ***************************
I haven't torn it down yet to what's selling on it, but you can use your imagination a bit and if anyone wants/needs photos of it without the engine/receiver/throttle servo, I'll post it up. A very reliable truck that can take a lot of abuse and keep on going.

A lot of the included parts were parts I bought when I first got it as I was expecting things to wear out/fail (axles, diffs, rod ends, spurs...). I had owned a revo and t-maxx before this... But really, none of these parts were a problem for me over the 4 years I had it.

Aftershock Roller excluding the engine, receiver, t/b servo. Everything else included (except the parts box itself). Has a unnamed 1400mah NiMH flat pack on it.

US only, Paypal proffered, $300 shipped USPS.

Upgraded purchased parts on it:
HD center skid
HCR titanium upper chassis deck (green in the photo)
HD diffs with the inserts
FOC trans with gear swap
LST2 threaded shocks
RC Raven springs
OFNA 17mm wheel hubs
Traxxas 17mm revo tires/wheels
Dynamite engine bay brace
LST2 fuel tank
CF single brake disk (can't remember mfr)
RPM arms w/lunsford turnbuckles
Lunsford turnbuckles for normal turnbuckles
Alloy brake arm

Spare parts:
2 complete HD upgraded diffs in cases
full axle sets (probably 2 sets of)
stock bell (chewed up a bit)
+1 bell
+3 rc monster pinions on LST1 bell (suggest a decent engine to use this, LRP28, LRP30, Picco28...)
Spurs
Dynamite engine brace
Yellow, silver, black springs
Single chassis rail
Aftershock fuel tank
Alloy 14mm wheel hex
axle nuts
turn buckles and ends
engine mounts
Axle carriers/c-hubs
Bulkheads

Home-aid parts:
Center-Front skid plate
Bumper supports
Roll bar (looks hack, but gets the job done)

I'm sure there are a few other odds and ends, which I'll happily list if anyone has any interest. I'll also lay all spare parts out and upload photos of those as well if needed.

There is honestly nothing wrong with it and it tears me up a bit to see it go. I only drove it once last year. Without guys to run with, having a truck that can handle really well and out jump the competition is just a big truck that sits in my house waiting on a shelf.

Here's a few photo's of how it currently is:
2011-0129-AftershockFrontRight.jpg

2011-0129-AftershockExhaustSide.jpg

2011-0129-AftershockExhaustSide02.jpg

2011-0129-AftershockBottom.jpg

2011-0129-AftershockSpareParts01.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Will sell the roller on it's own for $150 shipped US.

This includes Aftershock Roller (No engine, receiver, t/b servo and receiver battery). Does not include the list of spare parts.

r u willing to sell that LRP jw

is this sold ?

pics of spares

No spares at $150. Just the roller as listed.
Will put up pics of spares when I get home, but will not sell the spares separate unless the roller sells first or as the whole thing or I'm stuck with a chassis and no parts.

can you tell what type of reciever and transmitter would be needed for this truck. Also what engine I could buy that would be a direct bolt on? Any thoughts on roughly how much it would cost to get all these items also. Sorry newbie here

Typical 2 channel radio is all that is needed.
As for an engine, a decent 28 will drop right in.
You will need a throttle brake servo. I used a hitec servo, so that is the type of horn on it now. I'd suggest at least a hitec 645mg but a 985mg did a good job for me.

Depending on what you want to spend, I can post links of what would work.

I may have a traxxas radio/receiver laying around. I could try and set that up and include the receiver pack with the roller for $200 shipped. If you want the roller and spare parts for $300 I'll throw in the radio.

Servo http://www.horizonhobby.com/Mobile/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HRC32645
Decent 28 http://www.horizonhobby.com/Mobile/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0992

Last edited:
Typical 2 channel radio is all that is needed.
As for an engine, a decent 28 will drop right in.
You will need a throttle brake servo. I used a hitec servo, so that is the type of horn on it now. I'd suggest at least a hitec 645mg but a 985mg did a good job for me.

Depending on what you want to spend, I can post links of what would work.

I may have a traxxas radio/receiver laying around. I could try and set that up and include the receiver pack with the roller for $200 shipped. If you want the roller and spare parts for $300 I'll throw in the radio.

Servo http://www.horizonhobby.com/Mobile/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HRC32645
Decent 28 http://www.horizonhobby.com/Mobile/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0992

Well I would like to stay around the $400 mark if possible. If you could post or pm what would best suit for finishing off this project that would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Would a traxxas 3.3 engine drop in to this? I just noticed that they are pretty cheap on ebay.

Would a traxxas 3.3 engine drop in to this? I just noticed that they are pretty cheap on ebay.

A TRX3.3 is a small block, and probably won't fit without modifications, not only that, but it's smaller than the .21 you already asked about. For the Aftershock, you'll want at least a .26, if not a .28.

I just noticed, your in Canada... shipping will be prohibitively expensive for me and I had noted in my original post that I'll only ship within the US.

Ok well I have a good account with either UPS or DHL or even Purolator if that would work for you?

Quote: A TRX3.3 is a small block, and probably won't fit without modifications, not only that, but it's smaller than the .21 you already asked about. For the Aftershock, you'll want at least a .26, if not a .28.

Sorry I am just starting to learn about building RCs and dont know my engines very well yet. :) I will check out the two sizes recommended. lol

Last edited:
Still available? What's your best shipped price on the roller + spare parts to Fredericksburg, VA 22408?

Still available? What's your best shipped price on the roller + spare parts to Fredericksburg, VA 22408?

Not really flexible on the shipped prices noted in the first post.

EDITED 02/06/11: Will sell the roller on it's own for $150 shipped US.

Original post ***************************
Aftershock Roller excluding the engine, receiver, t/b servo. Everything else included (except the parts box itself). Has a unnamed 1400mah NiMH flat pack on it.
US only, Paypal proffered, $300 shipped USPS.

There is a sale currently pending on it with jhm83.

Deal fell through, back up for sale as listed.

Can also add a good used spektrum receiver/transmitter (3.0) for an additional $75 with either the roller or roller w/parts combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back