Mip

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i got the tmaxx used and it came with a ton of parts, in theere there is a set of mip axles. He said they were the wrong ones and i was wondering how to find out what there for. The axles look to be the right length in a comparison but the stub looks to short. Can i maybe just buy the right axle stubs and use them?

New? They're probably for an older maxx with a 6x12 bearing on the inside and outside. I'd sell 'em if they're nice.

Well they are new but not in the original package so i wouldnt know if all parts were there. The model tmaxx i have is 4910 and like i said the stubs are longer in my stock shafts than the new metals. Thats why i was wondering if i could just switch the stubs with longer ones and use them?

Well they are new but not in the original package so i wouldnt know if all parts were there. The model tmaxx i have is 4910 and like i said the stubs are longer in my stock shafts than the new metals. Thats why i was wondering if i could just switch the stubs with longer ones and use them?

Also can't sell them if i dont know what there for.Like i said the shafts look right but the stubs arnt long enough for to get the pin hole through the carrier.

Nogo on the pic.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Maybe they're for a 4908/4907 maxx? Look up a pic on rc planet. They must be maxx shafts.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

If they're for a newer maxx you could get newer axle carriers.

So i took the truck apart a little bit to match up the axles a little better and found the stubs will work,however the axles are about half to three quarters of an inch short to sit in the outdrive cups. Any ideas now? Is one of the tmaxx trucks narrower then the 4910?

You either have an early set of MIP cvds intended for the original pro.15 narrow maxx or they are for another model rc.

You either have an early set of MIP cvds intended for the original pro.15 narrow maxx or they are for another model rc.

Ok. i do have all the parts if anyone is interested.

I have the older Tmaxx. Do you still have the cvd's? Will I need any other parts to be able to use the cvd's?

I have the older Tmaxx. Do you still have the cvd's? Will I need any other parts to be able to use the cvd's?

i do have the cvd's. Is there anyway u can measure the distance from cup to cup to make sure they r the right length for your truck?

I measured my rear axles and they are 4" from pin to pin, thats with the control arms fully extended. The lower control arm (plastic part only) is 5" long. I hope that helps. I want to make sure there are no other parts I will need to buy. I would rather spend any extra money on converting my Tmaxx to the wider version. I am going to look on MIP and try and see exactly what you have and what the advantage of them are. I do have the new 3.3 motor on mine. But I have not had any problems with the axles. thanks.

---------- Post added at 6:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:13 AM ----------

I just looked on MIP website and it looks like I would need their kit #1485. This supposedly has both front and rear cvd's and associated parts. Could you look on their site and see if this kit is what you have. There should be approx. 12 pieces for front and rear, or 6 pieces if only front or rear. Let me know. I definitely have the narrow version of the TMaxx.

A 5" control arm sounds like a wide one to me. You need to measure the overall width from outside wheel bearing to outside wheel bearing.

An easy way to tell the difference between the wide and narrow maxx is look at the lower a-arms shock mounting locations.

Stock and rpm narrow maxx arms have 2 locations.
Wide maxx arms have 4 locations with the stock arms and 3 with the rpm arms.
The short MIP wheel shafts will fit only the narrow maxx with 2.5 style axle carriers.

Sorry for the delay, but the Measurement on the axle itself is 4 5/8's long. The measurement from the end of the axle to the end of the stub axle is 5 15/16's. like i said they are short fot the 4910 2.5 tmaxx.

Back