MT10 Steel CVA kits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Regarding the Team Associated Factory Team Steel CVA kits:

Did an install on the front of my Rival and took it back out immediately. Threads on the stub axle were too short to fully engage a wheel nut. A comparison to stock stub axle shows the CVA threads are a full 1/8in (~4mm) shorter. The rear CVA stub axles were equally short.

In fairness to AE, perhaps what I got was an anomaly or the end of an automated run. My MT10 uses P-L Raid wheel assemblies and flanged aluminum locking nuts. Tried backfitting the standard AE MT10 wheel and serrated wheel nut as a comparison. Wheel nut barely engages all threads. Uncomfortably so for me.

Rest of the assembly is top-notch quality as one would expect of a "Factory Team" offering from AE. My Rival is a speed runner build. Thought of a nut backing off and losing a wheel at 60+mph did not rest well with me. For your application it may not be a big thing. Only making you aware of this to check for your application before breaking open the bag and doing a half-day install. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• S6304420_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304420_resize RCT.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 117
Regarding the Team Associated Factory Team Steel CVA kits:

Did an install on the front of my Rival and took it back out immediately. Threads on the stub axle were too short to fully engage a wheel nut. A comparison to stock stub axle shows the CVA threads are a full 1/8in (~4mm) shorter. The rear CVA stub axles were equally short.

In fairness to AE, perhaps what I got was an anomaly or the end of an automated run. My MT10 uses P-L Raid wheel assemblies and flanged aluminum locking nuts. Tried backfitting the standard AE MT10 wheel and serrated wheel nut as a comparison. Wheel nut barely engages all threads. Uncomfortably so for me.

Rest of the assembly is top-notch quality as one would expect of a "Factory Team" offering from AE. My Rival is a speed runner build. Thought of a nut backing off and losing a wheel at 60+mph did not rest well with me. For your application it may not be a big thing. Only making you aware of this to check for your application before breaking open the bag and doing a half-day install. Cheers. 'AC'
Good advice check poop for yourself! Me didn’t do the right thing not checking my own stuff and lucky for me because of my lady it actually saved my life one day is all it takes you could disappear for ever.

Back