MIP CVD Install

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demo_derby

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone with these installed can you tell me why my wheel/tire slides in and out in the axial direction? I don't think the CVD's are supposed to do that. Are you suposed to shim these things?

they usually come with shims so they can be adjusted to get rid of any play..

they usually come with shims so they can be adjusted to get rid of any play..

Huh, i don't see any but that does make sense. Where would they go, on the outside of the axel carrier or the inside of the axel carrier? I'll just go get washers and shim them.

Last edited:
I usually put them on the outside so it dose not change the distance of the drive shaft between the output and the hub carrier, just remember to leave a little play so they don't bind up and still turn smoothly, i use the real thin shims so you can get a good adjutment...

I usually put them on the outside so it dose not change the distance of the drive shaft between the output and the hub carrier, just remember to leave a little play so they don't bind up and still turn smoothly, i use the real thin shims so you can get a good adjutment...

I just ordered some shims from McMasters, 0.014" and 0.001", hopefully I will have them on Monday or Tuesday.

Back