What screw size is this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So I have an axial scx10.3 and I lost the drive shaft set screw for the truck. I took the screws out of my bumpers and they fit the screw hole and they tighten down. Can anyone tell me what screw size I need to buy for the shaft? Its a set screw.

Likely an M3. Will look at exploded views... nope. M4.

It shows in the exploded views two different set screws on the driveshafts. AXA0286 and AX1232017, but I am almost positive the AX1232017 is a typo, as it is showing the set screws as part of the driveshaft assembly components. But when you look at the actual kit for AX1232017 the set screws are not included. And why the hell would they use two different set screws for the same thing anyway? So I'm betting the number you need are stepped set screws... part number AXA0286. They are available here https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...MqgctKxH--ZEw3yr6CmeZofz4PASG4f8aAjVgEALw_wcB

Last edited:
its the small one nope next size up..lol
Yeah I ordered the wrong screw lol
Thanks for your answers I've been lost in finding the screw but ill order some from horizon and go from there.

If it's the one that holds the driveshaft to either end output amd input shafts then this is what you need

Screenshot_20240114_202918_AliExpress.jpg

Sorry I hadn't realized it was ali express I'm nit sure I fully trust that site yet but here's amzon with the same screws from redcat racing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_203125_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_203125_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 9
I'm nit sure I fully trust that site yet but here's amzon with the same screws from redcat racing
Aliexpress is ok. Just don't order and expect the parts any time soon. Pay with PayPal so you are always able to get refunded.

Back