mip ball diff prob.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just picked up a sc10 used and the diff was jb welded so I got a mip ball diff and the axles are too short I rechecked the part number and the instructions even say sc10 anyone else had this issue:confused:

Wow no replys strange no one has run into this,
Well if interested the stock dog bones are the same for sc10 and t4 the rear diffs are the same but if you order cvd's from mip the sc10 shafts are longer than the t4 if you dont want to buy cvds you can use orings to keep the axles centerd but this dose create some friction and a slight amount of drag.Slow1

I know nothing about this nor do I have an sc10 but that sucks!

Sorry about your bad luck with the MIP, I'm running a whole t4 rear end of the truck (from chassis back) and using the t4 ball diff, so I'm having no issues. Sorry i couldnt haveg helped you either but I had no information on the matter.

I'am just about to buy the MIP sc10 ball diff kit and the MIP CVD's for my sc10..I hope they fit in mine:eek:

I'am just about to buy the MIP sc10 ball diff kit and the MIP CVD's for my sc10..I hope they fit in mine:eek:

I run mine last week worked out good with the orings keeping the axles centered,if you buy the cvd's for the sc10 they are longer and you should have no issues:thumbup1:

That should do the job that is the same diff I got I did find out what happen(the reason the axles kept falling out).
The mip ball diff has deeper grooves in the out drives and it allows the axle to move so much that it pops out of the stub axle.
just a little info if anyone was interested oh buy the way the ball diff is way smoother than the original diff...

That should do the job that is the same diff I got I did find out what happen(the reason the axles kept falling out).
The mip ball diff has deeper grooves in the out drives and it allows the axle to move so much that it pops out of the stub axle.
just a little info if anyone was interested oh buy the way the ball diff is way smoother than the original diff...

are you running the stock rear caster hubs?I have aftermarket hubs also in alloy,with the 1* ..but that should not matter..

yea everything else is stock for now ,Just made a chassis brace last evening to help save the chassis from my driving..

yea everything else is stock for now ,Just made a chassis brace last evening to help save the chassis from my driving..

I sen those on ebay.. but I do not know if they are worth the money.. so far.. nothing broke.. and It is taking a beating..

I already have the MIP CVD kit, but still running stock gear diff...
So I'm just wondering, if I do eventually change to the MIP ball diff, with it work fine, or will I need some other parts to make it work ideal?
Right now I don't see much need for me to go to the ball diff. quite yet, no problems with my gear diff, but we'll see down the road... What do you think? Worthy upgrade I should move up on my list?

I would wait till you have an issue with the diff before changing it out.The ball diff is adjustable to help with certain track conditions I just feel that the diff action is smoother. but I had to change my rear diff and it cost the same for a complete stock diff or a ball diff only made sence to me to put the ball diff in.
as far as issues as long as you have sc10 cvd's there should not be an issue.

I have both on the way.. I cannot wait to try them out, I hope the snow/cold weather hold out long enough here for me to try them out:p:p

yippie they both arrived today, the ball diff and the cvd setup..:thumbup1:.. and today it snowed:p:p and is only 30* out crap..:(:(

yippie they both arrived today, the ball diff and the cvd setup..:thumbup1:.. and today it snowed:p:p and is only 30* out crap..:(:(

nice!
well, not so much the weather. About the exact same thing here... but snow is a few hours behind. :(
Good thing we've got some nice indoor tracks around here!

Be sure to let us know what you think of the ball diff.
I'm still not at all convinced that I even remotely need one on the SC10. ;)

You are not going to believe this..:p istarting tearing down the diff and low and behold guess what is in there already? a MIP ball biff:eek:..Now I have 2..so I installed the new 1 and kept the old 1 as a back up it was kinda gritty, so if anyone wants it LMK.. the drive cups are AWESOME. but just needs a rebuild and cleaning..I do not want to put it in my other SC10 cause that would not make it stock any more, then i can not run in the stock class..

I'am still not able to get instant reply here:confused:

You are not going to believe this..:p istarting tearing down the diff and low and behold guess what is in there already? a MIP ball biff:eek:..Now I have 2..so I installed the new 1 and kept the old 1 as a back up it was kinda gritty, so if anyone wants it LMK.. the drive cups are AWESOME. but just needs a rebuild and cleaning..I do not want to put it in my other SC10 cause that would not make it stock any more, then i can not run in the stock class..

I'am still not able to get instant reply here:confused:

wow, nice bonus.
Doesn't it kind of make you wonder why you felt the need for that upgrade in the first place though?

and just wondering, if you put in a ball diff. that makes you ineligible to race stock class? :confused:

If your track follows ROAR rules. A gear or ball diff is allowded for stock class racing.

wow, nice bonus.
Doesn't it kind of make you wonder why you felt the need for that upgrade in the first place though?

and just wondering, if you put in a ball diff. that makes you ineligible to race stock class? :confused:
The sc10 I put it in was the modified one:thumbup1: so no worries there about the stock class..

If your track follows ROAR rules. A gear or ball diff is allowded for stock class racing.

I think they are going to be following ROAR rules. then I might as well save the extra 1 and put it in the stock sc10 I have..;)