Mini

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking to get a mini for my daughter and I'm no sure which to pick up. Mini 8ight or mini slash is what I've been thinking of choosing from.

The mini summit is fast and tough. The mini 8 is fun too

Where you planning to let her run the beast? If we knew the terrain we can better help. Of the two you listed, however, I'd go with 1/16 Slash. I have a mERV which only differs slightly and really love it. I'd start with brushed version and upgrade when she gets better at driving.

Sent from my padded cell...

Pretty much an all arounder. My club has a track and I have plenty of dirt around the house.

Yeah, I might go the mini slash for her and mini 8ight for me :)

The 1/16 Summit is based on Traxxas’ massive full size Summit; and while you don’t get every feature that its 22″ long big brother has, you do get a lot , It is best in all aspects.

The 1/16 Summit is based on Traxxas’ massive full size Summit; and while you don’t get every feature that its 22″ long big brother has, you do get a lot , It is best in all aspects.

Just depends on where you want to run, on the track as he mentioned, it would be the worst of all the minis out there handling wise due to the long travel suspension, oversized tires, and top heavy CG.

Back